April 19, 2024, 06:31:40 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I simply must move on

Started by Huni, February 05, 2011, 11:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

overwhelmed123

Mmmm, if it's called Texas Sheet Cake, it has to be good!  I will have to try that!

Rose799

Quote from: Laurie on March 08, 2011, 02:48:13 PM
Those aren't fat free huh

Not quite, Laurie...  You should be familiar with this one.

OW, it was the "only" cake dd's requested for b-days & the easiest to make!  Use the icing recipe using buttermilk, you won't regret it~ 

overwhelmed123

My mom makes this flourless chocolate cake with powdered sugar and raspberries that is just divine.  I am a lifelong South Beach-er, so I like to pretend that because it has no flour it is automatically healthy :)

Rose799

Quote from: overwhelmed123 on March 08, 2011, 02:56:37 PM
My mom makes this flourless chocolate cake with powdered sugar and raspberries that is just divine.  I am a lifelong South Beach-er, so I like to pretend that because it has no flour it is automatically healthy :)

I'd love the recipe... 

overwhelmed123

Might take me a few days but I'll get it and send it to you!!

LaurieS

I bookmarked it Rose.. my dh says that there is only one chocolate cake that I can make that he finds tasty.. but it's so darn unhealthy, but about as simple as it comes.. but I'll try yours next time.

Chocolate Bundt Cake – inside out

1 pkg       4½ package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 pkg          chocolate cake mix
6 oz.         chocolate chips
1¾ cup      milk
2          eggs

Glaze
6 oz          Chocolate chips
4 tbls      Butter
2 tbls      Milk

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, by hand, until well blended. Pour into a well greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350° F. Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.

Glaze:  Combine all ingredients, stir until chips are melted. Pour/drizzle over cooled cake.

Put this in the fridge for a few hours before serving and my gosh is it good.. I had it on the buffet table for our party and one lady asked if it was real.. the glaze picks up a nice shine ... it's rich

Rose799

Thanks, OW

Laurie, I'd forgotten about pudding cakes!  This one sounds super, thanks.  We get something similar at Costco, but I doubt it's any healthier.   I'll have to get a new bundt pan...

LaurieS

I love my bundt pans.. my dh thinks all cakes have to have that shape now

luise.volta

Sniff, sniff...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

Quote from: luise.volta on March 08, 2011, 03:54:22 PM
Sniff, sniff...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
You won't be sniffing it here.. I can't Zumba enough to work off a cake  .. matter of fact after one Zumba episode I realized that I can't dance either