March 28, 2024, 01:18:13 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I simply must move on

Started by Huni, February 05, 2011, 11:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

overwhelmed123

Wellllllllllll I'll feign ignorance and say of course it is!  Low fat is low fat, right?  ;)

holliberri

Cuts the fat in half if you share.  ;)

Pooh

If you eat them with a gallon of milk....you are getting calcium
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

and then wipe everything clean with some vinegar.. and call your self perfect

lancaster lady

Huni:
As I read it , your DD was seeking your attention with her chat .( re Bimbo )
Also you were seeking her attention with your chat .( re illness ) .

Each calling out to each other , and each missing the chance .
Grasp the next chance .

Pen

Quote from: holliberri on March 08, 2011, 01:56:15 PM
Cuts the fat in half if you share.  ;)

Quote from: Pooh on March 08, 2011, 01:57:30 PM
If you eat them with a gallon of milk....you are getting calcium

Quote from: Laurie on March 08, 2011, 01:59:43 PM
and then wipe everything clean with some vinegar.. and call your self perfect

Dr Oz said that the acidity of balsamic vinegar slows down your body's absorption of sugar from the pasta.  By adding 2 TB of balsamic vinegar to pasta, you slash your sugar absorption by 20%.

I wonder if the same holds true for brownies?
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

I dunno Pen.. I don't think I want brownies, milk, and vinegar in my stomach all at once

luise.volta

I just make the sign of the cross over them and the calories go to heaven.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

overwhelmed123

Ohhhh man, I love it here!   ;D ;D ;D

holliberri

Quote from: Pen on March 08, 2011, 02:09:15 PM

Dr Oz said that the acidity of balsamic vinegar slows down your body's absorption of sugar from the pasta.  By adding 2 TB of balsamic vinegar to pasta, you slash your sugar absorption by 20%.

Pen, does it work for bread too? I love B.V. and pasta and B.V. and bread. Fat has never been my worry, just the sugar. I've had no problem losing weight when I cut sugar.

LaurieS

Quote from: holliberri on March 08, 2011, 02:23:35 PM

Pen, does it work for bread too? I love B.V. and pasta and B.V. and bread. Fat has never been my worry, just the sugar. I've had no problem losing weight when I cut sugar.

Now you all have gone and made me hungry... I was doing good with my cup of soup and package of snap peas.. thanks guys

Pen

Quote from: holliberri on March 08, 2011, 02:23:35 PM

I don't know, I just heard the pasta snippet as I was walking through the room and thought "Yay!"
But Laurie's right, not with brownies  :P  Although I seem to remember an old-fashioned cake recipe that called for vinegar...Now I'm hungry.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

overwhelmed123

I read a recipe this weekend for chocolate cake that called for sour cream...does this sound gross to anyone else?

Rose799

Quote from: overwhelmed123 on March 08, 2011, 02:33:58 PM
I read a recipe this weekend for chocolate cake that called for sour cream...does this sound gross to anyone else?

Chocolate, did someone mention chocolate?  Who'd use sour cream when all you need is buttermilk?!!!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_chocol/

Rose799

Sorry, wrong recipe, that one had too much butter & not enough buttermilk...

http://southernfood.about.com/od/chocolatecakes/r/bl10731d.htm