April 16, 2024, 03:35:52 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I simply must move on

Started by Huni, February 05, 2011, 11:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

Do they make a Hallmark card for that?

Huni

Pooh, give it time.  Karma is my best bud now.  She may be yours, too.  LOL  Into each life a little rain must fall!  Sit back and wait for the storm.

Pooh

Ha ha...I will have to look Laurie.

Huni....it already has. And it was a tornado while I got the rainbow!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Huni

I always say.....it's good to share the wealth!  Everybody needs a little slice of the fun! 

LaurieS

Oh gosh another Democrat

j/k.. great attitude Huni

Huni

It's been a little over a month since I talked to my daughter.  I got an email yesterday asking for some paperwork she needed.  I wrote her back and said that I would forward the paperwork to her, that I had been sick, but to expect it pronto.  Today I got an email back and she started out the email talking about some bimbo that was in Sunday's paper, the girlfriend of someone we both know, then gave me her address to send the papers to her.

I wrote her back and told her I would get it in the mail tomorrow. I didn't acknowlege her comment about the bimbo.   And I added.....

BTW, I am feeling much better.  Thanks for asking.   She didn't ask how I feel, because she doesn't care how I feel.  But this is the sort of  thing that I can no longer tolerate.  Do I get an atta girl??????

Huni

overwhelmed123

I'd give you an atta girl for a silent, unsaid "Thanks for asking," but I think it would have been best to just let it lie.  I notice that passive aggressive quips like that just serve to further drive a wedge in an already tense relationship.  I mean, if you decided to go ahead and send the information she asked for, why not just send it and move upon your merry way?  Why make it a point to make the quip?  You know how it will be perceived.

overwhelmed123

Quote from: Laurie on February 10, 2011, 02:56:02 PM
Oh gosh another Democrat

j/k.. great attitude Huni

LOL- Laurie, this made me laugh out loud for real!  You are so funny!

LaurieS

Yeah after I said that I thought.. hmmmm maybe I really do need my own delete button :)

I agree about the left-handed remark.. It was totally unnecessary and served no purpose other then to reignite the fire.  I'm not saying that I wouldn't have gotten my barbs in there.. but it was wrong.. I would have been able to recognize it as wrong from the beginning and not had to ask for the thumbs up.

What I think was missed was the reason for the "bimbo" commentary... I think she was trying to communicate without making it personal.. it's called treading lightly... well you sunk her battleship

overwhelmed123

Completely agree, Laurie.  Daughter was prodding around for some common ground and instead found herself a martyr.  That will be her perception.

LaurieS

Yep and she would be the fool to try again.  If I was Huni.. I would be calling her and asking her to ignore my bad judgment that it was uncalled for.

Huni

You know, I should never have posted that because I didn't need an atta girl, seriously.  I did what I felt was right in that situation and I don't need anyone's approval or disapproval.  I know the siutation better than anyone else.  Please excuse me for wasting your time.  There are people with far more serious issues that you can provide wisdom for. 

overwhelmed123

Well...you know the situation from your point of view only.  I think it's safe to say if you knew the situation from your daughter's perspective or just another perspective, there's a good chance you may not even have the need to be here because things probably would not have gotten this bad for you.  Good luck.

overwhelmed123

By the way, you weren't wasting my time.  I am confident that I gave some insightful perspective and that is never a waste of time, even if it is dismissed.  All I can do is try.  Now attempting that low fat brownie recipe...that was a waste of time today.

LaurieS

If you eat the whole batch.. is it still low fat?