March 28, 2024, 04:02:12 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

DH...

Started by pam1, February 05, 2011, 10:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

Something is going on and I'm going to find out.

Every single day this week he came home, emptied the dishwasher and cooked dinner.  And then he woke up this morning at a reasonable hour, took a shower and went to the GROCERY STORE?

This is all highly unusual.  He must have done something and feels guilty.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on February 05, 2011, 10:16:56 AM
Something is going on and I'm going to find out.

Every single day this week he came home, emptied the dishwasher and cooked dinner.  And then he woke up this morning at a reasonable hour, took a shower and went to the GROCERY STORE?

This is all highly unusual.  He must have done something and feels guilty.
Or he is taking lessons from Pooh's husband

pam1

Oh, Pooh?  Your husband does this too?

This came out of nowhere.  He is not just lazy, I have termed him "aggressively lazy" in the past. 

LaurieS

February 05, 2011, 10:43:34 AM #3 Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:33:50 PM by luise.volta
Naw.. pooh's husband is just otherwise motivated.  Well I think we can..he does all her cleaning and cooking and well there's a reason we are not seeing her posting on Saturday mornings. 

Pen

Ha ha, I can hear DH loading the dishwasher as we speak. I wonder what's up (so to speak?)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

Mine is in the attic building a bridge across the opening.. that is earning him no brownie points in my book... but he is so happy up there with his new shiny nail gun.. bet he cleans and polishes it after the day is done.

Pen

Is that what you young people are calling it these days?  ;)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

LOL..new shiny nail gun LOL  that's almost as bad as me saying that Pooh was going to whip out her snake and someone thought I was being to explicit. 

pam1

He came back and he didn't just buy meat.  All food groups were represented.  And he said he bought stuff for a special dinner for me. 

This is bewildering.

Pen

Enjoy it! And be prepared to appreciate it... ;)
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

pray he doesn't burn it

pam1

He's actually a terrific cook.  Just very messy.  It's not unusual to find floured palm prints everywhere when he is done.

Now he actually got seafood.  I can't really eat meat.....this is so odd.

LaurieS

Roll with it.. break out the beer.. let the party begin

He's just trying to be nice.. nice to my dh is get dressed we'll go to the burger joint.

pam1

seasage

Lawdy mercy girl!  Why you writing stuff to us on your computer?  Lay the table, light the candles, bring out the crystal wine goblets, and schmooz with the cook.