April 18, 2024, 08:46:25 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

DH...

Started by pam1, February 05, 2011, 10:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

It is...

Now maybe tomorrow I will go shovel the driveway or change the oil in his car.  I got to think of something I can do to shock him like he did for me.  Huh, maybe I'll shave my legs.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

February 05, 2011, 07:27:07 PM #31 Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 07:34:47 PM by luise.volta
Better not get that radical...until you are sure he isn't going to drive a new, Cadillac Esplanade into driveway...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

LaurieS

Faithlooksup

Good Heavens....he is either up to something OR already did something...I'd ask him straight out "What's going on Honey???"   Of course sitting down when you ask him....BUT, I dont like the idea that he changed the password with your checking account, that would make me nervice.....I'm with Luise~~have him followed!!!   Let us know....

luise.volta

I wouldn't ask him right away, though. Let the good times roll as long as it lasts!  ;D ;D ;D

pam1

lol I did ask him when he started emptying the dishwasher during the week.  He looked at me like I had 2 heads and said what do you mean...as if he's been so helpful all along. 

Good idea, Luise.  Lets see how long this can last.  He feed the dogs this morning.  Woot woot.

Pooh

So Laurie is right!  I normally don't post on the weekends...cause I AM BUSY!!!!!  My DH does stuff all the time, and I show him MUCH appreciation.  I am telling you ladies, guys are wired totally different.  You show them MUCH appreciation for when they do something, they will do more!  Lol.

All the above is true, but I have an exceptional DH to boot.  He truly has always done these things since the beginning.  He not only cleans house more than I do, but likes it!  If it wasn't for how open he is to all my APPRECIATION, I would say I married a gay guy.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Appreciation which he appreciates! :-) The whole thing sounds like a self-generating philosophy! (And fun to boot!)

One of my husbands called vacuums "wife-killers." That was great! Oh, yeah, that was the one that wandered off.  The vacuuming was great while it lasted...I need to tell him that the next time I see him.  ;D ;D ;D

Pooh

I really do think most women don't understand how much APPRECIATION is needed by men.  And most men don't understand how we are wired different and need the mental stimulation.  But, I have learned that by telling DH that I need the mental side, and then showing him APPRECIATION for every time he does, his brain makes the connection.  It is a win-win.  He spoils me rotten, and he is a very happy man, and the cycle continues.  I get what I need, he gets what he needs.  (And lets face it, I win on his side too.)

Also, when he shows me all the time how much he values me and tries, it makes me WANT to show him APPRECIATION, so he wins even bigger and so do I.

Again, I am lucky to have a DH that understands and wants to know what I need.  My first DH thought mental stimulation was letting me look at the TV guide first.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Pen

I always laugh at those commercials for a certain male-oriented product that talk about how any mundane activity could turn into a scintillating moment, complete with clips of a couple doing laundry or painting the den or whatever. I picture DH & me getting all googly-eyed while he's changing the oil. Could get messy....

But I'm beginning to think Pooh's life is a lot like that. Tell us, Pooh, how do you keep from kicking over the paint cans???
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Pen, you are such a hoot!

Pooh

Hee!  It truly is....you just have to be willing to clean up the mess!  I burnt lasagne one time cause we got....ummm....preoccupied...I was going "Umm...umm...lasagne is going to burn!"  He said, "So, I'll buy you a new pan and take you out to dinner." 

Ummm....OK!  He's a frisky devil I tell ya'.
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

My concept of "risky devils" is that it takes one to spot one.  ;)