April 19, 2024, 06:11:50 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Personality Crisis

Started by lancaster lady, February 05, 2011, 01:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

Quote from: luise.volta on February 06, 2011, 08:33:24 AM
Thank you. I think we all have to learn to cut ourselves some slack when we sometimes look in the mirror and see a different "me." I started WWU on Mother's Day of 2009 about 6 months before all of that hit. When "the walls came tumbling down" in my personal life, I couldn't read the posts or monitor the site and asked for everyone to hang in. What transpired was a name-calling cat fight. That's no all that happened, of course, but it nearly brought the site down. I wasn't wise enough (or maybe well enough) to realize I needed to appoint a temporary monitor. If that ever happens again (or maybe when,) I will do my best not to abandon the site like I did last year. I "abandoned me" via care giving, without knowing it. When we do that, it's just a matter of time.

I think that what we learn in Personality Crisis is that black doesn't stay black unless we keep painting it that way...it usually starts becoming lighter and lighter shades of gray until we find ourselves again. I think we are basically Light and it can't be put out by people, places and things...for long.

Oh oh oh Pick Me.. Pick Me

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Ping! "I need one for every category.)

LaurieS

She'll come back and find that I was in a bad mood and zapped everyone including myself off the boards.. ok maybe you shouldn't pick me..

luise.volta

How it work is you alert me regarding a problem and I handle it. That way, it protects the innocent (that's you) and I'm still responsible...but don't read all the posts and interact on a regular basis. Right now all is well. A year ago now, I couldn't hold my head up and just let it go to pot. I won't do that again. (Truth be told, I really didn't know what I was doing.)

Maybe I should have something in place...just in case. Truth be told, I'm feeling better and better, though. It's taken a year for me to get back on my feet and for instance, back to Curves, which I love. And I just signed up for Zumba!  ;D ;D ;D

Tara

Oh Zumba has been on my list of things to try for a year or so.
sounds fun.

Tara

Quote from: Pooh on February 06, 2011, 11:56:00 AM
I have learned to look at my DS situation like I do my lupus.  It's painful at times, depressing to have, has days where I am fine and then it flares up again, don't want it and didn't do much to get it but it's not fatal.  As long as I control it and remember the things I am blessed with in my life, it is manageable and I can still have an amazing life.  But if I decide to let it get the best of me, that is my choice and then it is fatal.  But the best thing is there is always hope that someday, there may be a cure.

Pooh,

This is just what i needed to hear today.  Thank you. 

Pen

Yes, Pooh, that's an amazing way to look at this. Thank you.

Uh-oh, Zumba...just don't get it confused with Roomba or you might be called a racist like I was.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Well, it starts on March 5th, and since my 84th birthday is March 9th, I'm getting it as a gift.  :) The Class is Zumba Gold which is for "older folks," specifically the aging Baby Boomers. (I am a Baby Boomer's mother but I hope I can sneak in when nobody's looking!  ;D ;D ;D

holliberri

Quote from: Pen on February 06, 2011, 05:03:01 PM
Yes, Pooh, that's an amazing way to look at this. Thank you.

Uh-oh, Zumba...just don't get it confused with Roomba or you might be called a racist like I was.

Pen...I'm kind of afraid to ask. I'll just give you my very suppotive eyeroll.  ::)

Zumba has my name written all over it...maybe in 2013.

LaurieS

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

Pen

-- Annie Gottlieb