March 28, 2024, 03:13:50 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

A little Valentine sympathy for DS/DH - the man in the middle.

Started by seasage, February 04, 2011, 11:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

You may just get a Valentine Luise that you were not expecting.......I mean...ya got a ring!  ;D

And OW, somehow I missed your earlier post...thank you very much!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Are you psychic or something? You won't believe what the "ring-bearer" just sent me in a Valentine that made me cry.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

WOO HOO WOO HOO WOO HOO WOO HOO

I love this guy!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to ask you what it was....I will wait to see if you want to share...... :-*

And I do have ESPN...does that count?  (And truthfully, my GM had a huge gift of seeing things, My Mother does it sometimes and I have had a few experiences with it.)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

See...like right now...I just had a vision of Laurie shaking her head from side to side going, "Pooh, you are so full of crap."
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

We are all full of crap and those of us (speaking) who have brown eyes are a quart over!  ;)

luise.volta

ESPN, yes. I think that perhaps it's there in all of us..waiting to be developed. Maybe not...but sometimes I can see what's coming or feel the answer to something...

Pooh

I agree.  I think all Moms have had that whole, "Hmmm...somethings wrong" experience when our children are sick or in trouble.  My Mother will all of sudden pop in my head and I will call her to find out she is sick or she's upset about a friend's passing at Church or something.  I think we all have a little bit of it.

Weirdest thing I ever had happen was when I was 16.  I am blind as a bat without my glasses and I had put my clock radio (or radio clock if you are Holli) across the room to make myself get up in the mornings.  I could not see the numbers, ever.  My GM and I had a special bond, and she was in the hospital in a coma.  She had been that way for a week.  I remember waking up in the middle of the night and turning over and seeing the clock said 4:02.  I remember thinking how weird it was that I could see it clearly, then turning over and going back to sleep.  The phone rang around 6:00 a.m. and Mom came in my room crying.  I knew what it was and was devestated.

Later, when we all got to the hospital, the Doctor told us she has passed away at 4:02.  I will never forget that and always think of it as she was telling me goodbye.
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

Pen

Quote from: luise.volta on February 06, 2011, 10:11:42 AM
Are you psychic or something? You won't believe what the "ring-bearer" just sent me in a Valentine that made me cry.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I had a feeling he'd come through...I'm so very curious, but too lady-like to ask.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Oh, that was ladylike!  ;) He sent me a check for $1,500. and said..."Have fun!" I went to my favorite furniture store and got a new hide-a-bed that I can stretch out on when I want to take a nap during the daytime. Mine is a love-seat-twin-bed-sized hide-a-bed and I live in one room. Not cool to open it up in the daytime...so I haven't taken a lie-down nap since October. I doze in my rocking chair sometimes and then wake myself up when my head flops forward. Uggg. When he was here at Christmas, he asked me how I napped on it and I said I didn't. When it comes, I may take before (twin) and after (full) hide-a-bed pictures for you guys.  :D

Pooh

Shhhewww Pen, glad she took your hint, cause she didn't bite at mine!  ;D

That is soooo sweet and thoughtful!  And now he can stay longer too......oh did I say that out loud?
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

I just loved teasing you guys for a while.   ;D ;D ;D

And no, he doesn't stay here, of course, although I did bring him over to see my unit when he was here in December so he could picture me on the phone with him for an hour or two every night. Seriously, he has a huge respect for Val.

I liked that part that he didn't care what I did with it. I could have put it away for a rainy day (fat chance) and it would have been OK.

We walk a fine line with this and so far, our families think it's great. I think they are pretty sure we are too old to get into any trouble. (Kids can be so dumb!)  8)

Pooh

I think your families also realize that you two offer great support for each other. 
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on February 06, 2011, 10:15:55 AM
See...like right now...I just had a vision of Laurie shaking her head from side to side going, "Pooh, you are so full of crap."

I did too :)