April 19, 2024, 05:16:03 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Who does that????

Started by pam1, February 02, 2011, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

Quote from: Laurie on February 17, 2011, 11:27:58 AM
If I had a commune everyone would wear moo-moos and walk with a dazed look while holding a cup of starbucks

I wish you had one, I would've moved right in while I was pregnant. Decaf white mocha and moo-moos were survival for me.

Pooh

Quote from: Laurie on February 17, 2011, 11:26:06 AM
Quote from: Pooh on February 17, 2011, 11:19:27 AM
I may be showing my age, but the funniest thing I ever saw happened the other day.  They have been holding a festival near us for 10 years that is a mini woodstock (No Laurie, I haven't been).  It's a huge thing now and there are many drug arrests made during this thing.  I saw the line up for this year, and I about fell out of the chair laughing.  They have tons of bands lined up, but the headline read...."Eminem and Loretta Lynn to play this year!"  Ok, that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.  It's called Bonnaroo if anyone wants to get their hippie on this summer......Laurie?  ROTFL
I wouldn't mind getting my hippie on again, but Loretta Lynn.. really, I was FORCED to  listen to her growing up.. I did like how Sissy Spastic portrayed her in Coalminers Daughter..I'm afraid that she could pass out on the smoke fumes there.

Seriously...if you diss Loretta Lynn...I'm blocking you...she's my hero.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

lol.. she may be your hero but she is pure country.. hey her sister just performed down the street from us.. I didn't go because no one else knew who she was

LaurieS

and I wasn't dissing her.. but what is she now 89 and I'll bet she still has the black wig... the one who I think appears ageless is Dolly Parton.. I caught a scene with her and Sandra Bullock last night in Miss Congeniality II.. and Sandra tackles her thinking she was a fake Dolly, and starts poking her in the lady lumps.. I didn't watch the movie but that glad I caught that scene

holliberri

Quote from: Laurie on February 17, 2011, 11:35:28 AM
and I wasn't dissing her.. but what is she now 89 and I'll bet she still has the black wig... the one who I think appears ageless is Dolly Parton.. I caught a scene with her and Sandra Bullock last night in Miss Congeniality II.. and Sandra tackles her thinking she was a fake Dolly, and starts poking her in the lady lumps.. I didn't watch the movie but that glad I caught that scene

I saw Loretta Lynn in Nashville last year...still has that wig.

Pooh

I love Dolly too (and that movie).  I am not a country music fan of anything recent, but I love the original ladies.  I think it was forever Laurie before I knew Crystal Gayle was her sister.

I'm jealous Holli.  My DH has promised to take me to Butcher Holler this summer!  Lol.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

she could at least tone it down some and add a few strands of gray.. but then she could look like Cruela

holliberri

Butcher Holler? Please explain.

Pooh

Have you ever seen the movie they made about her?  Coal Miner's daughter?  Butcher Holler is where she grew up.  An old coal town with nothing around.
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on February 17, 2011, 11:47:00 AM
Have you ever seen the movie they made about her?  Coal Miner's daughter?  Butcher Holler is where she grew up.  An old coal town with nothing around.
In Kentucky

holliberri

I've seen the movie, several times, but I wouldn't remember that. I'm terrible at remembering movies.

Pooh

Well in the movie, where she grew up, they show a bunch of it at the beginning centered around her house in Butcher Holler.  Her brother runs the local store there still, and we found out for $5 dollars, he will take you up to the old house and let you see it in person.  I have read her book, and I love her life story, so I want to go.  Lol.
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

In support of Pooh.. I think I'll have to watch that again.

Oh I watched conviction last night with Hilary Swank.. you'd really have to like her to watch it but It thought it was pretty good so those who now have netflix  you can put that on your list ... it was based on a true story.

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on February 17, 2011, 11:57:50 AM
Well in the movie, where she grew up, they show a bunch of it at the beginning centered around her house in Butcher Holler.  Her brother runs the local store there still, and we found out for $5 dollars, he will take you up to the old house and let you see it in person.  I have read her book, and I love her life story, so I want to go.  Lol.
I'd take 20.00 inflation you know

Pooh

I will actually probably give him more than the $5 just for doing it.  I like Hilary Swank so I will have to watch it.  I want to see the one out now with Anistan and Sandler.  Me and DH have plans to see it this weekend.  Looks funny.
Joseph Campbell