April 19, 2024, 08:43:25 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Who does that????

Started by pam1, February 02, 2011, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

did you ever break open a etch-a-sketch? 

stilltryen

Quote from: Pooh on February 04, 2011, 01:05:55 PM
Wasn't there some kind of movie a few years back about a town having a snake problem?  And it was traced back to a house or cave or something? (This is what happens when you get old.)

I watched "Snakes on a Plane."  Does that count?

pam1

Quote from: Laurie on February 04, 2011, 03:35:27 PM
Holli and Pam.. are those older houses with the wild color themes?

Yes, mine is an older house.  Have to ask DH when he gets home the year it was built.

The bathroom and DD's room are the only wild colors lol.  I did an hollywood glamour type bathroom with lots of old black and whites of actresses like Greta Garbo.  The rest of the house is pretty minimalistic, pretty much like Jeff Lewis on Flipping Out. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pen

Courtney, I hope you feel better soon. I'm having a yuck day too. It helps to laugh, but if you continue to spit hot tea on your keyboard I'm going to have to say something. Here I am on WWU, minding my own business, when ***fffssshhhh**** here comes some hot liquid out of my computer, right into my face!

Hang in there, C. We're with you.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I can't read what you wrote, Pen. The print seems to be running....
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

I'm not much of a pink girl either but the original tile (is that what it is called lol) in the shower was pepto pink.  And then I had an idea and just ran with it.  You'd like Courtney -- have to figure out how to post a picture.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

We bought a house once that had pink walls, pink carpeting and yes, pink appliances! LOL!

What's inside an Etch-s-Sketch, Laurie? Little gremlins running around?

LaurieS

Quote from: holliberri on February 04, 2011, 03:51:26 PM
1950. The tile is gray blue...it's pretty by itself. The pink tub though...I don't know how that happened...
That's whats known as a good  sale going on.

LaurieS

Actually yes I did break one open once.. we thought it was mercury and played and played  in the stuff.. good thing it wasn't... not sure what they did use hmmmm.  But I figured if she took apart a doll's baby bottle to see how it works, the etch-a-sketch was next.

luise.volta

Pen

Quote from: luise.volta on February 04, 2011, 07:49:14 PM
We bought a house once that had pink walls, pink carpeting and yes, pink appliances! LOL!

YOU bought Jayne Mansfield's house???
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Naw....just a cheap imitation...

stilltryen

Quote from: luise.volta on February 04, 2011, 07:49:14 PM

When we were looking for a house to buy, we saw a house that had bright red carpet in one bedroom, purple shag carpet in another, a bathroom that had dark brown tile ALL over - walls, shower, etc.  (it was like a black cave walking in) and the coup de grĂ¢ce?  The kitchen.  The cabinets were painted lime green, the doors of the cabinets were bright orange.  The appliances, of course, were avocado green.  To quote the subject line, "Who does that????"  We passed on that little gem.

luise.volta

Oh, I forgot to mention that the kitchen cabinets were pink, too! We bought it because it had 180 degree view of Puget Sound and we knew we could eventually un-pink it!  ;D ;D ;D

stilltryen

Oh duh, if red carpet/purple shag/dark brown tile/orange & lime green cabinets with avocado appliances had had a view of Puget Sound, I'd plunked the down payment so fast the poor realtor would have gotten whiplash!  Can't blame you for the pink house at all.  The view would have been worth every Pepto-Bismol moment!!!    ;D