March 28, 2024, 04:58:30 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Who does that????

Started by pam1, February 02, 2011, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stilltryen

holliberri, maybe she was at your house and got confused!! 

holliberri

February 04, 2011, 12:15:24 PM #76 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:17:13 PM by holliberri
I was JUST reading through your post about the king size quilt and the calendar (that sounds like SUCH a good idea by the way...I'll have to figure out what absent-minded family needs that).

At first I thought...classic regifter...but now I'm thinking she's just scatter brained? Too funny.

So yes, maybe she was in my house. Only purple bathroom I've seen in 27 years!

Pooh

Wow.  I like blue.  I like purple.  I like pink.  But....
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

I'm taking a photo this weekend! That's it!

pam1

I've never seen purple either. 

I have hot pink :)  LOL, its ridiculous but I love it.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Scoop

Hey-hey-hey!  Whoa now!  Don't be saying anything against a king size quilt!  THAT'S CROSSING THE LINE!

See, it's actually one of my secrets to marital bliss - king sized blankets on a queen sized bed.  Then, there's no fighting over the blankets!  Small annoyance, easily solved!  With a king sized blanket, we can have the blankets go OVER DH, under the dog and OVER me.  And it gets rid of that annoying "tent" that happens between you when you're both lying on your sides facing away from each other.

So yeah, you guys can laugh all you want about the blue, purple and pink bathroom, but step away from the king sized blankets!

Pooh

Ha ha ha....ANNOYING TENT!  Never knew that was the name of that!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

seasage

Snakes have never been a particular fear of mine --- until last week.  I read about a house in Idaho that is infested with snakes.  Hundreds.  At least hundreds.  The house is being sold (again) for $109K.  That's a discount of $66K.  It seems that the original owner had the house built on land where there was a snake den. 

I learned from reading web articles (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/22/us-snakes-idUSTRE70L05F20110122 & http://www.mizozo.com/weird/01/2011/23/idaho-snake-house-for-sale-at-109-000.html), that snakes coat their dens with pheromones so they can find their way back home for breeding each year.  The house has become an extension of the original snake den, and most likely no one will ever rid it of snakes.

Pooh

ARRRRGGGG!!!  Now I have the creepy crawlies!  And can you imagine, since that is known...what kind of person would buy it?  I know...I know....one of my relatives (Beat you to it Laurie!)  :P
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Seasage...I'm not going to sleep tonight. Eeek.

They'll never leave? Major heebie-jeebies!!

LOL.

overwhelmed123

Ohhh that just made me cringe and I can't stop everytime I think about it!!!

Pooh

Wasn't there some kind of movie a few years back about a town having a snake problem?  And it was traced back to a house or cave or something? (This is what happens when you get old.)
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on February 04, 2011, 01:05:55 PM
Wasn't there some kind of movie a few years back about a town having a snake problem?  And it was traced back to a house or cave or something? (This is what happens when you get old.)
I think that was a movie about spiders Pooh...  you guys have the snake fame

LaurieS

Holli and Pam.. are those older houses with the wild color themes? 

holliberri

1950. The tile is gray blue...it's pretty by itself. The pink tub though...I don't know how that happened...