March 28, 2024, 02:03:05 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Who does that????

Started by pam1, February 02, 2011, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Quote from: penelope on February 03, 2011, 12:53:31 PM
Pooh,I'm affraid to ask

Snakes, like not normal fear...but freeze in place, go in to shock fear
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

overwhelmed123

Quote from: Pooh on February 03, 2011, 01:24:18 PM
You are definately right.  It wasn't like I followed that with, "Sooo, do they still look like that?"   ;D

;D ;D ;D

pam1

Quote from: Laurie on February 03, 2011, 12:22:18 PM
Quote from: pam1 on February 03, 2011, 09:35:43 AM
You should see some of the baby dolls they have out there now.  My dd got 2 dolls for xmas that are insane.  One really poops and pees after you feed it and the other you have to give a shot in the behind if you can't make it all better with the fake medicine.  And they sound like real babies.  It drives me kkkkkkkrazy.
Now it could be just one of those nasty rumors and thank goodness we can do our own research now days.. but rumor had it that those 'baby alive' dolls which was how they were being marketed years ago would eventually get maggots in them from the 'food' stuff... just passing along what could be total misinformation.

I had one of those dolls with the disappearing fluid bottles too.. great fun.. I still don't know how they did that

That is disgusting.   I have a feeling that doll is going to go missing soon.

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

Maybe the new and modern poo'ing dolls don't have that problem

luise.volta

My mother wouldn't let me have a Betsy-Wetsy doll because it was uncouth.  :'(

Another thought..then when I had my own kids, I realized she was right!  ;D ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

penelope

laurie,there's a first for me,never heard of whip out the snake,living in a house full of guys,I would never think to say that!! haha I have never pointed out my ds bowel habits,but I have been known to whip out photo albums,the kids get a big kick out of it. This is gross,but my oldest ds will ,I'm not sure the proper word to use,flacuate on his gf,and it's not uncommon to hear it at the table,I will say c'mon stop,dh will laugh and rate it

luise.volta

It's your table and you are in charge of who you invite to it. IMHO: that's enabling disrespect.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

Quote from: penelope on February 03, 2011, 05:26:03 PM
laurie,there's a first for me,never heard of whip out the snake,living in a house full of guys
LOL I think you misinterpreted what I was saying to Pooh.. If you read Pooh's topic "The Stong Women In My Life" which is under the category of Success  Stories you'll see where the snake comes into play.  And it was all totally innocent no matter how vulgar it sounded here... Thanks  Pooh.. you got me into trouble again :)

Pooh

Don't be all a-blaming me....you get yourself in trouble just fine without MY help!   :P
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Quote from: Pooh on February 03, 2011, 01:25:08 PM
Quote from: penelope on February 03, 2011, 12:53:31 PM
Pooh,I'm affraid to ask

Snakes, like not normal fear...but freeze in place, go in to shock fear

I'm right there with you, Pooh.  Can't even look at a pic or see one on tv without breaking into a cold sweat. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

stilltryen

While taking my shower, I realized I have my own "Who Does That??" story.  My brother & sister-in-law gave us some really nice towels for Christmas.  When I was opening the box, she said, "You know, I just couldn't remember what colors you had in the bathroom."  The comment led me to believe that I was getting towels in white, black or beige.  Imagine my shock when I finally got the box opened and the towels were purple.  Seriously??  You don't know what color scheme I have going, but you figure PURPLE will work?  (Note, it doesn't.)  I could tell all sorts of stories about her, while she's very nice, she truly has the thinking mentality of a gnat.

Pooh

Oh wow...purple?  Because THAT is a common bathroom color!
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

I'll be cleaning my purple bathroom tonight by the way.  ;D

Care to send them my way?

Haha. Not my choice! I bought the house as is. Blue tile, purple walls and pink tub.

I should take a photo.

overwhelmed123

Quote from: holliberri on February 04, 2011, 12:04:16 PM
I'll be cleaning my purple bathroom tonight by the way.  ;D

Care to send them my way?

Haha. Not my choice! I bought the house as is. Blue tile, purple walls and pink tub.

I should take a photo.

Pink tub!  I like!  ;D

stilltryen

Pooh, yeah, exactly!  I have nothing in my house that's purple.  They gave my parents a king blanket.  The folks have a queen bed.  Have always had a queen bed - for decades.  SIL invited us over for Christmas dinner.  She put food on the stove and then took off.  We had no clue where she was, half the food burned because she didn't tell us to watch it, or that she was leaving, or whatever.  (They live on a farm, turns out she ran out to feed the horses, great timing, eh?) 

She's always complaining that no one will tell her all the birthdays, anniversaries, etc. in the family (she's a second wife, but she's been married to my brother for about 15 years).  Evidently she's incapable of writing anything down.  So I made a calendar for her, with lots of family photos and ALL the dates.  Months later, guess what?  She's complaining to me that she didn't know it was mom & dad's anniversary.  I asked her where the calendar was and she said, "Oh, I put it in my desk drawer."  I replied that I made it so that she could hang it up, enjoy the photos and that every month she would know what was coming up.  I was furious and said, "Don't ever tell me that you don't know a date and I promise I will never spend my time making anything for you again."  Thus far, we're sticking to the deal.