March 28, 2024, 02:11:39 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Joshua Coleman, author of "When Parents Hurt" offering teleseminar

Started by Tara, February 01, 2011, 08:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

Hi women,

I put Josh Coleman on my gmail alerts list and got this info in my mail box today.  Might be
useful, at least the first one, its free.  Tara

Joshua Coleman teleseminar 2/10
Posted on 01/31/11, 10:07 pm
Joshua Coleman who wrote the book "When Parents Hurt" and seems to be the most knowledgeable therapist in the U.S. about parental estrangement is hosting a free teleseminar on 2/10. You can try it and if you like it you can sign up for one or more of a seven part series of teleseminars. I am fortunate to live in San Francisco where Josh practices and have consulted with him. He is great. For more information, go to:
http://www.drjoshuacoleman.com/tel...

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

I just started reading this book over the weekend.. my husband comes up and sincerely asked if I was hurting... lol..  I thought it was sweet....  I told him I was being proactive.

Pooh

I just finished it over the weekend, after seeing here how many people recommended it.  I did enjoy it and it offered some useful advice.  My DH is starting it next.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

penelope

Pooh

No, it's not.  It has all different scenarios in it, from just dealing with a difficult teenager to how divorce affects kids, and estrangement from an adult child, etc.  It offers suggestions and advice for the parent, but also gives some viewpoints from the child and how they may be feeling.

Many of the scenarios did not apply to my situation, but many did. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Faithlooksup

Thanks Tara for the Useful info...I did go onto his site, signed up and already received 2 GREAT newsletters from him, which were quite informative...looking forward to seeing what's next with his website.....Many Thanks again...

Tara

I went to his free tele seminar and found it really interesting and encouraging that there is someone out there
who has some knowledge about this situation.  Will take his paid seminar next.  I do't necessarily think he has
the finally answer on everything, but its a good starting place aside from general therapy