April 17, 2024, 11:14:44 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Maybe my story will help and maybe some of you can help me

Started by overwhelmed123, January 31, 2011, 01:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

Quote from: Julia on February 01, 2011, 02:25:31 PM
Quote from: overwhelmed123 on February 01, 2011, 06:59:27 AM
PS- Pen, I can relate to hiding your horns under your hairdo, but I hide mine under my "bump-it."  ;D (I hope you guys know what those are, otherwise I'm going to sound really weird...)

I don;t have a clue!

And to think we use to just tease the crap out of our hair and then use a full can of hairspray

luise.volta

And then it rained on it and we had one, big, sticky mess.  :(
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Oh geez my husband was just standing behind me and asked me what a Bum - pit was.. you know a girl in the ad.. shows hair and he is thinking armpits.  This is the problem with guys.

Pen

Quote from: overwhelmed123 on February 01, 2011, 10:51:52 AM
What an awful position to be in, Pen.  Maybe DIL's change is a good sign of things to come...although I know you won't hold your breath.  :)  What a sad thing when even her parents get involved in their relationship with you...that seems so silly to me.  Although, I know my ILs don't like my parents and frequently talk bad about them and compare themselves to my parents- but I think it's mostly because they're jealous.  Still...you don't talk about my mama that way! ;)  (unless of course she's done something to deserve it!)

I'm just sick and tired of getting the crumbs. Today is not a good one for me. DILs FOO sees them whenever they want, daily in fact, and we can't even get a tentative day/time. DS is keen to see us & will tell us a day, then DIL comes up with reasons why it won't be possible. Grrr.

I'm eating peanut butter with a spoon - not only that, I put chocolate chips in the jar too. It's that kind of day :(
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

I know what you mean Pen and the hardest part is you never quite know what always triggers the feelings to resurface.  I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

luise.volta

I never heard of chocolate chips in peanut butter. Next time I'm down, I'm taking the cure. Here's to better days, Pen.

pam1

Yum, it's really good.  I sort of melt the chips first, not completely.  Maybe 15 secs in the microwave and then add the peanut butter.  And then my stomach hurts for hours but it is oh so worth it.

Hope you have a better day, Pen.  Hugs.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

Oh, blast my New Year's resolution! As soon as I can rationalize an excuse, I'm going for it!!  ;D ;D ;D

penelope

Welcome ow123~it sounds like a control and jelouse mil,and you did all you can~I deleted my original post due to i wanted to fix mine with dil,I didn't want any bad vibes out there,so I'm gonna do a quick version,my ds and dil dated via my space, 2wknd visits and marriage is announced,she works at our store and tells my sil she doesn't wanna be married,which to us seemed right as she had never shown any emotion,when confronted she denied it,never wanted him around family and friends ever,so he goes to Iraq,she drags her feet on plans,dh said this is gotta be confronted so we meet with her and her parents,she sat with her chin resting on hands that were resting on a pop bottle,chewing and snapping gum,everytime asked what do you want it's your day,responded with I don't know and a shoulder shrug,so wedding day(luncheon,barn party after),my dh paid for everything,not one Thank You from her,walk in,not 1 decoration,no wedding cake nothing,so onto after party,she sat all night with no emotion,as his parents it was upsetting,and i did drink,i know you seen my post and must have thought I was a monster,okay so they head back to base,my son goes to combat training,while gone she paid no bills,they came home before next deployment,he did not know car insurance was canceled,drove almost 1000 miles,but while at combat training,she went on vacation,okay so he's now in Afghan,3 weeks ago i txt her,mails here bills,ect,all his things are here..clothes,military clothes,we haven't a clue why but they are,so she is moving down there literally in a matter of hours,not once has she contacted us about his things and never came for the bills,my sons due home in a few days~she posted on fb,i have all my stuff i need,jerky,ipod lets hit the road,I have tried to be a good mil.it seems as tho instead of him getting a wife,i got another child..this is just some of it,didn't mean to go on and on~I would give anything to have a great relationship with dil,more important,to know she truely loves my son,he was her first bf,and she his firts gf

LaurieS

Sounds to me like you have gotten another kid.. I'd pack up his stuff since you are planning on being there for his arrival  home... and then I'd take that giant step back.. he's got to see and feel this first hand... when he comes to you send him back to his wife .. his superior officers didn't hold his hand in combat.. you can't hold it now.

penelope

yep,I agree. I just talked to him via Fb,he said yes bring my clothes and green cammies,Thank You.I always tell my ds,BUCK IT UP!! I love my sons dearly,I did my part,now he needs to remind his wife,she's a wife~ I wanna move to a place where theres no phones,no computer,no cooking utensils and no washer or dryers:)

Pooh

I just saw your Post Pen.  So sorry you were having a rough day and I hope you woke up with a smile on your face this morning!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

penelope

I'm with Pooh,I hope your day is better Pen~if you get tired of choc chips,get choc frosting..it's also a very yummy combo~what if you planned a last min thing,that way she has no time to say there are other plans~