March 28, 2024, 05:59:23 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise You need to be apart of these discussions!

Started by just2baccepted, October 27, 2009, 06:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just2baccepted

Luise I know you're going through some stuff right now but you're missing some good conversation.  We need some of your calming wisdom.  Miss you, please check in with us. 

Pen

Yes, we could use Luise's input. I hope all is well.

Lately I've felt 'lectured to' instead of supported, so I'm taking a break. It's sad, because I finally felt I'd found a group that would understand.

Take care.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

2chickiebaby

Penstamen,
Please do not leave.  I have been gone all day and have not been able to see what has been said.

We came here for support, not lectures.  We have accepted others and tried to be fair.  This lecturing has to stop and stop now. 

This board is for all people but we have unique situations with very insecure and totally jealous Daughters in law who treat us like criminals. We have been good Mothers and owe no one an apology for anything we've done. 

The last thing on earth we need is for someone, you know who you are, to try to teach us old dogs new tricks. We're tricked out.  If we want to whine, we're gonna whine and if someone doesn't like what we are saying, go away.  There are a myriad of other sites where you can say your piece.  Not here.

mom2

Penstamen,

Please don't let anyone push you out. In spite of anyone on here who feels they have to lecture and be the know it all, we moms/grandmas are still here and we know where you are coming from.

It sure would be nice to know where some got their degrees to tell others how they should feel and act; not to mention the fact that they are not even a mom. Kind of hard to walk in shoes you have never been in. Please stay, we need you !

luise.volta

I'll be back. I just have to put my energy into not going into overwhelm and letting my husband and/or myself down. I am in a caregivers' support group and free, private counseling and this is the hardest thing I have ever done. I am trying to keep my husband with me at home because he goes in and out of being present and at times appreciates the familiar and is comforted by it. This has all been approaching slowly for a long time but it leaped ahead into crisis in October. We don't have the financial resources for outside help and at 82, I am finding it daunting.

I'm not checking MILU at the moment and someone else is handling my other website, www.MomResponds.com for me. I'm temporarily back today because I got a personal message that there was a problem that Kirk and I needed to handle.

Please know that you can always reach me that way if you feel MILU is in jeopardy. It and you are very dear to my heart. We have supported and maintained a high degree of integrity here and, as you all know, that's no easy task when we are operating out in the e-world where the unknown is our baseline.

I'm sending love to all of you and I deeply appreciate your understanding and prayers.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

A million blessings, Luise to you and Val.  We love and cherish you!!  Stay strong, we sure need you.   :)

luise.volta

Thank you. Bless your heart. If you look closely, you will see that one member is no more.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

mom2

Luise,

I have great respect for how you run this website and you are providing us a great place to just talk; if not for your site, some of us would have no one to talk to at all and you have blessed many moms and grandmas.
Prayers are with you during your struggles at home; I took care of my Dad and both grandmas ( one is now 90 ) so I know how challenging it can be.

SunnyDays09

Quote from: luise.volta on October 31, 2009, 02:40:16 PM
Thank you. Bless your heart. If you look closely, you will see that one member is no more.

OH NO!  who?