March 28, 2024, 11:34:58 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Anna

Started by luise.volta, January 29, 2011, 02:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Anna, where are you? Missing you and sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

I've been thinking of you, too. I hope you're OK.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Hope

Anna - sending peace your way.
Hugs, Hope

Anna

January 30, 2011, 12:04:56 PM #3 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:59:26 AM by Cotton Candy
:)

luise.volta

Oh, Honey...thanks for letting us know that you are OK and coping. I know it must be terribly hard. Sending love...

Pen

Anna, just know we're thinking of you during your busy, tiring days. Lots of {{hugs}} to you.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Nana

Hi Anna

I had not posted for weeks due to computer problems.  I just posted today in my daughter's lap top.  I did notices you had not posted either,  I always look for ward to your posts.  I have noticed a lot of newbies and I think is great.  My third granddaugher was born on the 19th.  /She is fat and lovely.

I am so sorry that you are going through all this.  May God give you strength and peace. 
How are you gc doing?  The best for you and your family.

Love

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Anna

January 31, 2011, 06:45:47 AM #7 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:58:55 AM by Cotton Candy
?

pam1

Why do you keep deleting posts?
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

pam1

Quote from: luise.volta on January 31, 2011, 02:52:05 PM
Huh?

It's happened a few times and I figured I'd ask Anna directly.  I put a lot of thought into my replies on a few of her threads and I was wondering why they keep disappearing.  I don't like not knowing where my posts go when they poof, very confusing lol.

I'm not the most internet savvy so perhaps I'm a little slow on the uptake.  But a poster can delete an entire thread, even others postings?  I don't frequent message boards very much so any enlightenment is much welcomed :) 

LaurieS

Pam.. you can permanently delete any topic that you have started, you can also delete any posting that you have made.  I also believe that you can lock topics so no one else can reply, and somewhere I saw where you can block individual board participants.   

pam1

Wow, ok, I did not know all that.  Thanks.  I still feel weird about my replies being deleted without my input but it's not my call. 

luise.volta

I'm going to Kirk with this. It's ridiculous! Surely he can fix it so we aren't treated with disrespect. I can do those things because it's my site and I'm the Moderator but I didn't know everyone was turned loss with those options. It could mess with continuity and confuse issues. No wonder you asked about it! I'll get back to you when Kirk gets back to me.

Pooh

Ha!  Good to know I can lock Laurie out!  Where's that button...........

(Hee hee...ya know I luff ya!)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell