March 28, 2024, 02:06:45 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Anna

Started by luise.volta, January 29, 2011, 02:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

Luise.. that was a term of endearment you deleted :)

luise.volta

No way. Go eat some sugar. I did but I ate too much and now my insides aren't happy.

This is the first Valentine's Day since I was in the 7th grade that I have two Valentines...Val and Jim. One is very close but because of dementia...far away. And the other is very far away (2,500) miles but very close. Strange...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

Hmm I'm going to feed my Valentines something red for dinner then tell him to go to his own rock hard bed and leave me alone.... Curves was fun today, I think I may have accidentally signed up for some all night walk-a-thon

luise.volta

There's the Laurie we know and love!  ;D ;D ;D

Pooh

Want me to tell you what I am doing???  Huh huh??? Lol!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Tonight as I stand looking at the man of my dreams, beginning to disrobe, I will think to take some oil and spread it over his chest and strong arms.  I can hear his loving words and see the warmth in his eyes.  Then we'll turn off the tv and head for bed, oh but not before taking a bite of my chocolate heart and one last sniff of the rose that he better be bringing me.

Pooh

Now THAT's more like it!  :-*
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

OK, new career in the making. A Great Romance Writer was birthed here! Paperbacks and the New York Times Best Seller List here we come....Nora Roberts...move over!!!

Lets see: Tonight I will...ah, tonight I will...well, maybe tomorrow night I will..what? I can't remember...

LaurieS

Yeah ok I made that up too, but it beats the heck out of the truth.. unless its Ashton Kutcher that I'm watching on tv.. now he's a cutie.. lol... and likes them a little older.. whoo haww my kinda guy

pam1

I've got tears streaming down my eyes....take one last bite of chocolate LOL!

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pen

An older guy flirted with me today - he called me "little missy." I must be at that age where I look hot to widowers.

DIL is late getting home. Either he stopped at the hardware store to get supplies for an emergency home repair, or he stopped for flowers and chocolate. I don't care which, really...I've got a romantic dinner in the works, and if he wants to play handyman that's fine with me, LOL  ;)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

LaurieS

My dh wanted to surprise me with dinner out.. would have been nice if he surprised me  a tad earlier before I cooked... so now I don't have to cook tomorrow night.

My favorite dish has been taken off the menu at the Mexican restaurant.. anyone know a recipe for this dish that I don't know the name of.. but it was grilled shrimp with pineapple, onion, and green peppers.. oh my goodness it was to die for.

luise.volta

Sounds scrumptious! And it sounds like you had fun! :D

Nana

Anna:  I was out of circulation for some time due to technical problems (lol).....and when I came back I noticed you were not posting. 
I missed you because you are warm and you where one of the first people who I met when I joined this forum.  Welcome back.
Laurie
I love the way your are.....funny and straightforward.  We all have the right to our opinion.

Yum Yum.   These Mexican shrimp dish  sounds great.  I like sour-sweet dishes.  Chinese Food has something similar.  You can also try shrimp with coconut....delicious.

Love you

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare