April 16, 2024, 12:15:51 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Anna

Started by luise.volta, January 29, 2011, 02:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

I have said several times that it would be easy for my DS or DIL to figure out who I am.  But here's the stance I take.  I have told nothing but the truth, it is how I feel (right or wrong) and if they see my posts, well maybe they will take something from them and want to mend the relationship......if not....what are they going to do?  Cut me off?  Not see me?  Not talk to me?  Ummm....they are already doing those things.  ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

There are days I'm not able to spend time here, so when the whole "modify madness" thing was happening I was out of the proverbial loop. Anna was one of the gals from my early days here, so I know her WWU BG and am really sorry she's not around. If indeed her sitch has improved, prompting deletion of her previous posts, I'm glad for her although I understand how annoying it was to have her delete other people's posts in the process, mine included I'm assuming. I do hope we can move on, and I will always wish Anna the best in her journey.

If my DIL/DS ever discovered I was here it would be the end. I try to be vague about details, but they're pretty smart. Luise, I think I'm relying on their "overall disinterest" as well - great phrase, BTW! There are times I wish I could erase all evidence, but once it's out in the cloud it's no longer under our control.

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Anna

Hi Ladies.  I'm sorry for my behaviour.  I need a new start, & I've posted some things, that while true, I don't want people to see now.  Things have changed drastically in my life.  Some good, some bad.  Louise & Kirk, thank-you so much.  I didn't mean to be disrespectful to anyone, but expecially not to the two of you.  I.m sorry I've caused so much turmoil here, I didn't think that would happen. I guess I just didn't think.  I'm so sorry.  :'(
Sincerely Anna.

Pooh

Hi Anna and welcome back sunshine!  You were doing what you thought was right for yourself.  I can not fault anyone for that.  It's a new day!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Thanks, Anna. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

Quote from: Pooh on February 14, 2011, 08:11:37 AM
I have said several times that it would be easy for my DS or DIL to figure out who I am.  But here's the stance I take.  I have told nothing but the truth, it is how I feel (right or wrong) and if they see my posts, well maybe they will take something from them and want to mend the relationship......if not....what are they going to do?  Cut me off?  Not see me?  Not talk to me?  Ummm....they are already doing those things.  ;D

I wish I could take that stance, it would just make it worse.  I feel like I'm dealing with people that will punch you in the face and then get mad at you when you cry about it.  Any weakness is exploited. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

Done! Sending love...

Pooh

Quote from: pam1 on February 14, 2011, 08:36:49 AM

I wish I could take that stance, it would just make it worse.  I feel like I'm dealing with people that will punch you in the face and then get mad at you when you cry about it.  Any weakness is exploited.

I guess that's pretty much why I have taken this stance.  With my DIL, it's not going to matter what I do right, she will find fault.  So it's not about her any longer, it's about me and what I need to do to heal.
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Quote from: Pooh on February 14, 2011, 10:13:15 AM
Quote from: pam1 on February 14, 2011, 08:36:49 AM

I guess that's pretty much why I have taken this stance.  With my DIL, it's not going to matter what I do right, she will find fault.  So it's not about her any longer, it's about me and what I need to do to heal.

Hmm...didn't think of it that way.  Although the reason I do post here is about me and healing.  I need to shift some perspectives.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

You have to choose what's right for you.  I chose this path after beating my head against the wall.  I got tired of replacing dry wall, so I now choose to live my life without them.  Does that mean that if they decided they want to have a relationship again that I will turn them away?  Nope.  Does it mean that I will not always wish it could have been different?  No.  Does it mean I miss my Son any less?  No.  It just means that I will not live my life to please them any longer and live my life to please people that appreciate it and appreciate me.  Life is too short and I was missing out on all it had to offer by concentrating on that.
Joseph Campbell

Rose799

It's good to have you back, Anna!  How's your family?  I hope your dad is better... 

luise.volta

(Now I'm feeling guilty because I passed on Curves because it's raining so hard.)

seasage

And it's good to have you back Laurie.  I was preparing to not like that old man Mills who usurped your good name.

luise.volta

Are we doing identity crisis?

I tried that once. I gave myself another name and said all the stuff that a moderator can't. Then I couldn't stand myself because it wasn't who I am. I'm just a very old and rather worn out mama-bear. (Feeling a little better today, though.)

LaurieS

February 14, 2011, 11:54:03 AM #74 Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:58:09 AM by luise.volta
Actually I went no where, and I need to admit that my apology to Anna was far from sincere.  I have a really hard time here as in real life when people are so willing to shift blame at the drop of a hat, or plead ignorance.... I'm perfectly aware that this is how some people need to function, in order to function.. I guess I went to a different school of life and that school said that if you didn't have a clue who you are, succeeding in life will be much harder.

I asked Luise to delete my apology because it felt as nasty coming off my fingers as it would coming from my mouth.  It's simply not who I am... you can take me or leave me, or ask me to leave... I can live with any of the three.  oh and happy valentine's day :) as I have a feeling this posting will also be deleted.