March 28, 2024, 07:56:02 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Anna

Started by luise.volta, January 29, 2011, 02:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope

Creme,
Please don't take it personally that no one responded to your original "problem" thread.  Speaking for myself, I didn't see it until it was too late.  I only have limited time to visit WWU and can't read all the posts.....which may be the case for most people here.
You are loved.
Hugs, Hope

cremebrulee

Thanks Hope, just a lot of stuff going on right now...normally I wouldn't have taken it so personally....

Hope

Sorry to hear you are going through a hard time, Creme.  Hope you are feeling better real soon.
Here's some {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} for you.  I hope you feel them.
~ Hope

cremebrulee

awwww, thanks Hope, we all are having hard times, that's why we're here...but yes, do feel the hugs, thank you... ;D

LaurieS

Quote from: Faithlooksup on February 13, 2011, 10:26:29 AM
Let's ALL Play NICE and quit taking one anothers inventory.....

It's not a matter of playing nice.. You asked and I explained how it was done.  As Luise said that is not a violation of any rule on these boards.  I never implied that Creme did anything wrong, just answering it was done. I was jacking around with a topic yesterday and then changed it to this topic and continued on.  It's like scrolling, the options are there you just have to know how to do it.

Yes Anna/Cotton Candy did rudely take it to extremes by almost eliminating her existence and then hiding from 'us' behind a different name. I see a difference.

RedRose

Just maybe Anna has a good reason to delete all of her posts. Maybe she needed to get rid of the old and start out new....for a good reason.

Anna was here a long time .. I don't think there is anything wrong with what she did

luise.volta

I have thought about doing that a couple of times.  ;D ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cremebrulee

Quote from: RedRose on February 13, 2011, 12:26:05 PM
Just maybe Anna has a good reason to delete all of her posts. Maybe she needed to get rid of the old and start out new....for a good reason.

Anna was here a long time .. I don't think there is anything wrong with what she did

I agree with you...you never know what a person is going thru until you walk in they're shoes...and Anna has most definately been under a whole lot of stress lately....

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on February 13, 2011, 12:37:22 PM
I have thought about doing that a couple of times.  ;D ;D ;D

Luise, now there is no way to modify our posts?  Is that a mistake, or is it maybe my computer????

LaurieS

Quote from: RedRose on February 13, 2011, 12:26:05 PM

Glad you didn't see anything wrong with it.. looks like Luise did.

And yes Creme, now everyone has lost the ability to modify their own postings... I asked Luise to reconsider doing this as only one person had become abusive, but it's her board and her ruling.

RedRose

If I delete a post I start it's because I am having second thoughts about discussing my problems with everyone else.
I should have the option to delete the whole post since we are talking about me. Why delete just what I say...then the whole subject would not make sense...most of the time.

Now, we will just go to Luise if we want to delete what we have posted.

I thought Luise was agreeing with my overall opinion on why Anna or Anyone would do this.

I said, "Just maybe Anna has a good reason to delete all of her posts. Maybe she needed to get rid of the old and start out new....for a good reason."

Luise said, "I have thought about doing that a couple of times."

LaurieS

And I was saying that apparently Luise didn't totally agree with what Anna did or the option to delete/modify your own postings would be there

pam1

You can modify your own posts -- just not an entire thread.  Luise still has the option of deleting threads. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

Nope the option of modifying was removed today because it was abused. 

pam1

oh...my bad, late to the party.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift