April 19, 2024, 02:53:44 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What are the nature of the boundaries you have set with your dil, ds, dd?

Started by Tara, January 26, 2011, 11:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

When you are posting a reply, the line above the faces...seven over...is moving. Click on it and the cursor wll be in the middle. Whatever you write goes across the page. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

You can also manually type in commands you would type [scroll] (use the word move not scroll) and then you end your command by typing [/move]   I couldn't use the correct word instead of scroll because then it would have started scrolling everything.. making sense?

catchingup

Hee!!Hee!! this is fun[move] :D[/move]

Who needs someone else's car

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

catchingup

Quote from: Pen on February 03, 2011, 10:35:49 PM
That reminds me to add ant traps to my shopping list.
I had so many ants one year that seemed to gather near the kettle where the smallest drop of sugar dropped.
I cleared the area and threw boiling water over them. I know it sounds cruel but I wonder if ants actually communicate with each other.
We see them touching as they pass in differant directions.
"Dont go there,there is a dangerous woman there."
I have not seen one ant this year.

This technology is giving me ants in my pants :D

Pen

BTW, Catchingup, I suggest booking the car in advance rather than waiting til you arrive if at all possible. You never know how things can get mixed up. Have a wonderful time in England! I've never been but would love to go.

We had ants in our coffee machine last summer. They built a nest near the water tank. We use it every day, so I have no idea why they decided it would be a good place to settle in.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

I'd love to go to England.. maybe Ireland first.. that would be a great vacation.

lancaster lady

Ye cannae beat bonnie Scotland for scenery ...you are all welcome ....haste ye back ... :)

holliberri

My g-ma had aunts in her radio clock, and 15 nests throughout her house. They are attracted to water, and come in on the water pipes and head to the kitchen for sugar.

We found vaseline the cracks they come in from prevents them from coming through. So does baby powder. That depends on how bad the problem is.

I had them in my toilet top in Italy. That's where I learned the vaseline trick.

Also, a bowl of sugar water outside has lured them out of the house, but I was always afraid they'd just like that and repopulate. They also like to come back for their dead. So they must communicate somehow.

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

catchingup

Quote from: Laurie on February 03, 2011, 10:58:52 PM
I'd love to go to England.. maybe Ireland first.. that would be a great vacation.
I am spending a week in London then a week in Wales and we cross over at Holyhead in Northern Wales on a ferry to Ireland for a week so shall send greetings to Ireland for you
I will be spending another 2 weeks in London on my return from Ireland.
I am really looking forward to the break.

My son seems to be insisting I use his car for the week in Wales.
It is only about 200 kilometers from London to Cardiff so he can catch a train and spend the week-end with us and drive it back.
He is a sensitive and generous guy.