April 25, 2024, 03:41:39 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What are the nature of the boundaries you have set with your dil, ds, dd?

Started by Tara, January 26, 2011, 11:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

Cathingup, my sister and brother in law go to Wales and Ireland, he has relatives there, and it is soooooooooo  beautiful, quaint and just picturesque....

Hugs and have a great time....
Creme

catchingup

Quote from: Pooh on February 04, 2011, 06:10:22 AM
That is my dream vacation.  Ireland then Scotland.
Well if you are in America it does not cost that much  to fly.
We stay in hostels which cost a mere 15 pounds a night including breakfast of cereal. We just need somewhere to "Lay me down to sleep" We buy in bulk from the local Tesco supermarkets and sit in parks with our lunch.Supper is the same--nothing fancy.Cooking facilities are available in all hostels. Internet too so you can keep up with WWU ;D
It is very easy getting round Britain by rail. I buy a Britrail ticket while in London and this cuts costs by a third.

Pooh

Thanks Creme.  We have set a goal to try and visit there in about 5 years.  Both my DH and I have always wanted to go.

Catchingup, thanks for the tips.  I am all about seeing the local life, not the touristy things, so we usually have a great time without spending tons of money. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: holliberri on February 04, 2011, 06:06:12 AM
My g-ma had aunts in her radio clock, and 15 nests throughout her house.

Using that phone again aren't you :)

holliberri

LOL...truth be told. No. My fingers move faster than my brain.

I'm leaving it like that. It's making me giggle.

LaurieS

I did see your post first before my full first come of coffee.. and I'm reading.. her grandmother has aunts.. ok I can follow that. 15 nest.. I'm thinking bee hive hairdos.. and then when the vaseline came into play.. I scrolled back up to see what led to this posting

holliberri

Pen

Oh Laurie  ;D 

You all make my day much brighter. Now I'm dreaming of travel thanks to Catchingup, LL, Pooh and Creme and giggling about beehive-haired aunties in the clock-radio with Vaseline thanks to Holli and Laurie.

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Pooh

Ha ha ha....I was being funny when I said that to Pen....I thought you had already seen it!   ;D
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

jill