April 19, 2024, 04:32:41 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

broken heart from mean daughter

Started by L, January 21, 2011, 06:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

jill

Hi Irenic,  so glad you posted again to let us know how you are doing.   My odd wants to live in the past too, and there is nothing I can do about it.    Try to keep in touch with your granddaughter by sending birthday cards, valentine cards etc.  As she grows older, she will know you love her. Thinking of you.....................Jill
PS I found the books "When parents hurt" by Joshua Coleman and "Healing from Family Rifts" by Mark Sichel really helpful.

irenic

Hi jill, glad tohear from you too....I am doing good today.  We all hurt so much, it is a blessing we have each other.