March 28, 2024, 05:27:41 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

It takes a fool to see the fool :)

Started by Miss Understood, January 25, 2011, 10:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Understood

Just an update on me and my crazy world....thought this was worth sharing.
I had a small stroke on Christmas Eve...after weeks of testing it appears that it is all stress related (go figure ???)
Anyway....I had an appt. this a.m. at my neurologists office for a EMG test to see how much nerve damage I have in my arm and left side...they scheduled me at their other office which happens to be in the same Doctors Building DIL works. My DH went with me and I was nervous about running into her...but what are the chances, it is a fairly big building and she is on a different floor, my appt. is early, etc. Well....My doctor was late and we had to sit in the lobby and wait...we could see the parking lot from where we were at...Here comes DIL...she parks...as walking up....sees my car...runs to hers and speeds out of lot! My DH and I laughed! It was the first time I laughed about them in 7 months. How childish, ridiculous and immature can you be? Did she think I was there stalking her? Who cares...In any respect I am sure she called my DS and told him I was waiting for her and I really don't care. She is the fool...but I have been the fool for feeling so bad for me and "what did I do?" Now, I realize the games, the issue and the craziness is all them....I am not the victim...I am just their excuse for their bad behavior and for the first time have a sense of relief and now don't feel so bad. I actually laughed about this more than once.
So....It takes a fool to see the fool....l am letting them be and know that someday, DS will work through this and see the craziness for what it is...they can play their little silent treatment game with themselves. Seriously....I have been a fool for even giving an ounce of my energy and health to such ridiculousness...now, eyes are wide open and peace flows through me. ;D

Pen

Wow, MU, so sorry to hear about the stroke. I'm glad you are finding humor in DIL/DS shenanigans, and that you have found the peace you richly deserve. 2011 will be great!!!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Mariatobe

I'm sorry to hear about your stroke.  But I have concerns that your family hasn't talked to you for SEVEN months.  Your DIL is running from your car.  Sounds like she's running for her life.  What happened that your family won't talk to you?  Not sure I'd be laughing.  I'm so sorry, maybe you should call them and try to sort this out.  Your son is married to her.  Do they have kids you don't see?  It sounds sad, not funny.

luise.volta

Stick with it, MU! Yes! You matter!! Yea!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Quote from: Mariatobe on January 25, 2011, 10:43:30 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your stroke.  But I have concerns that your family hasn't talked to you for SEVEN months.  Your DIL is running from your car.  Sounds like she's running for her life.  What happened that your family won't talk to you?  Not sure I'd be laughing.  I'm so sorry, maybe you should call them and try to sort this out.  Your son is married to her.  Do they have kids you don't see?  It sounds sad, not funny.

Welcome, Mariatobe. There's quite a background to MU's story. You're right, it is sad, but sometimes laughter helps one get through the pain. Many of our DILs aren't running for their lives as much as running our lives, sadly. Keep reading, and again, welcome.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Miss Understood

Thanks Pen ;D for jumping in on that one.
Mariatobe...If you want to catch up, you'll have to click on my name and read old posts.
Games and More Games. It's very sad...so sad that it drove me to a stroke. No understanding for things that make no sense.
It is only ironic that I worried about running into her and for 7 months imagined that I did something horrible to them, which I did not...to
finally see that she is running because she can't face me or us and the silent treatment isn't about what I did wrong, but about them not
being able to communicate and eat the humble sandwich over the lies and craziness that they started.
It is time for them to grow up and time for me to stop reaching out to get them to talk to me.
I try about 1 time a month...a simple text or phone call asking how they are and let them know I am thinking about them and would like to talk.
Well....No more. Maybe I can run faster.....At least I am strong about it today!
For all who know me (especially you Luise).... THis is an awakening I never thought I'd feel ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D   ;D   ;D

luise.volta

I'm one of your cheerleaders, MU. Always have been. You are stepping back and stepping out of your reactions and finding it ridiculous! Good for you!!!!!! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Miss Understood

katie84

Miss Understood, sorry to hear about what happened. I will keep you in my prayers :):) and thank you for that post today, I will learn through you that I too can laugh. :):) I am totally smiling now and will remember you when I think its all personal, which we know is not.

elsieshaye

Wow, that must've been something to see...  Glad you were able to laugh, and that it helped you detach!

Sending my best vibes that your EMG went well and that you have a smooth recovery from your stroke, MU.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

neecee

The universe answered your prayers by letting you see the truth. Laugh away!!!

forever spring

Smooth recovery from your stroke, MU. So sorry to hear this.
There are often two ways of dealing with a situation; one is to wail   :'(and one is to laugh  :).
I'm so glad to decided on the latter. God's gift to mankind - humour!
My thoughts are with you.

'Hell is other people.'
Jean Paul Sartre

Pooh

Sweet MU.  I am so sorry about your stroke and thoughts and prayers that there has not been much damage and that you recover quickly.

I am very glad you saw the light with your DIL and got a good belly laugh.  Now, we can only hope that she didn't have any vacation or sick time since she obviously didn't come in to work!  Maybe they wrote her up for being late?  (Oh, did I just say all that out loud?)  ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Hi MU, and like others I had wondered where you had gotten off to.  I too am sorry to hear about your health issues, it sounds like you may have gotten some of the best medicine, which is acceptance.  I know this is nosy but can I ask, did you have classic symptoms?  What initially led you to think that you were having a stroke?

Hey have you thought about moving your car to that parking lot every other day? 

Faithlooksup

Dear MU,  Welcome Back and glad to hear you are feeling better.....Sometimes it takes a hard wallop in our lives for us to open out eyes...you have done well, and laughter is the best medicine any Dr. can prescribe and it costs nothing.....

You are soooooo RIGHT!!!  They are the fools (I am thinking of my family as well), they have taken our power and twisted us and turned us into nothing...and we are more than just "nothing!"  But, now, you are getting the last laugh...to bad they dont know that "yet."  And someday I am sure they will hear the truth......so until then, you just take great care of yourself and DH, enjoy your life along with the many splendors and miracles that happen everyday......

Loved your inspirational post...and sending hugs and smiles across the miles...Faith