April 18, 2024, 11:40:36 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

is this my last straw

Started by myree, April 02, 2011, 11:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myree

April 02, 2011, 11:56:51 PM Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:10:49 PM by luise.volta
help needed from my lovely wwu sisters
last monday i got more text messages from my daughter i took your advice and blocked her from sending me messages , so she sent them to my husband instead , to pass on ,she was angry i guess beacuse we heard that a friend hit her in the face , beacuse wait for it .....she tried to get a guy to smash a bottle in her face the guy said to my daughter no way thats crazy . any way girl found out whent to daughters flat and punched her now daughter is pressing charges to this girl for assult! im staying out of it ....anyway back to last monday which was day after daughter got punched , we got a barrage of abuse saying we can not see our grand daughter, i had pretty nasty past when i was younger and she is the result we sorted out the bussiness with mr x he said he will never stop our grand daughter seeing us but i feel so, sad now i just cant see a way out of this i have stayed out of her life and i still cop it we whent to police to ask if they could scare her a bit and tell her to stop they advised us to get a restraining order and go to mental health and ask them to report on her and remind her grand parents have visitation rights we decided not to yet as we didnt want to inflame things worse by ghoing the legal route , we did go to her flat that day she swore at us and said she is a better mother than me name calling yelling ect my husband got mad gave her a few truths about her conduct and how she cant be serious in what she says, it didnt get us far really. so its a week tommorow since this happened  i think i should walk away now and be happy to see my our GD saturdays but as for daughter what to do :-\

cadagi101

Hi myree, I
was thinking today you hadn't posted for a while and here you are.
I wish you had better news.     If i were in your situation I think I would take the legal route as suggested by the police only if your gd was in harms way.     From what you have explained dd needs to be committed for her own good but you can't be the one to do that....I don't know how that would happpen, she is at age so maybe nothing can be done for her.      Look after yourself and hubby and that little gc.
all the best

lancaster lady

Myree ......your DD has shown you exactly what.she thinks of you regardless of your care and support .I think that I personally would.now leave  her wellbeing up to Mr X .He is the one who has to live with her on day to.day.basis .The.fact he agrees to let you.see your GD means he's a genuine kind person...hopefully he will.soon.see.she needs rehab of some.kind  and seek help ...she will not accept it from you......how he copes I don't know.     You have done your best.

myree

hi JULIA LL, im still aroung i mainly reply when i feel i can really help someone. the baby is ok her dad is good and he is doing his best , after posting today i felt like getting the photo album i have of my daughters childhood her baby photo,s birthday cards ect and throwing it at her saying is this what you need proof look at this all showing you how loved you where and the cards from your birth all congratulating nothing to confirm to you i never wanted you beacuse you where born from my days as a prostitute ! i wont its not in me to do it really just a fantasy. i cant believe the names and threats i get any way i am grateful to you gorgeous women  :-*thankyou

cadagi101

Quote from: myree on April 03, 2011, 03:39:16 AM
hi JULIA LL, im still aroung i mainly reply when i feel i can really help someone. the baby is ok her dad is good and he is doing his best , after posting today i felt like getting the photo album i have of my daughters childhood her baby photo,s birthday cards ect and throwing it at her saying is this what you need proof look at this all showing you how loved you where and the cards from your birth all congratulating nothing to confirm to you i never wanted you beacuse you where born from my days as a prostitute ! i wont its not in me to do it really just a fantasy. i cant believe the names and threats i get any way i am grateful to you gorgeous women  :-*thankyou

You know in your heart dd was loved as a child, doesn't mean we have to love them as adults.     That is the biggie.   dd knows deep down,   you did the best you could at the time , as we all did as mum's.     As you have already said confronting her wouldn't help or change anything.    Stay away from her she is trouble.  If you are hellbent on her knowing you have these lovely photo's could you give them to her partner to show her or send them to her.     And just leave it at that.     What do other WW think?   i really would not have contact with her again.  If you are worried about her ask her partner how things are going.   

seasage

Quote from: myree on April 03, 2011, 03:39:16 AM

Myree, your daughter's hate is not about you, it is about her.  She hates herself.  Her actions towards herself and towards everyone else are a reflection of that self-hate.  Do not blame yourself, and do not take this personally. 

Don't throw that lovely photo album in her face, because I don't want you to lose it.  You need that album more than she does right now.  Use it as proof to yourself that you were a good mother.  We all know that you were, and we are here to support you in that knowledge.  I would say if you want to use the album to try to help her, just pick out one of the cards from a third party, make a photocopy of the card, and send that to her, to remind her that others did and do love her.

Your daughter needs help, professional help, but I doubt she will accept that information from you.  Hopefully she will accept it from Mr X.  Perhaps the best thing you can do is figure out where she could get the help and give that info to X.

Kennedy

Sending up a prayer for you and your family this morning. I hope things get better for you real soon.

And WAY off topic! ;D Goodness you ladies get up early! LOL I noticed the time above your replies. LOL
Have a great Sunday!

lancaster lady

Hi Kennedy:
different parts of the world wake up at different times .
Myree is in Australia , I am in the UK .....lol

Kennedy

Gosh L.L., I have this HUGE "duh" look on my face right now! Why on earth did I not think of that? I knew this! LOL
Thanks for finding the humor in my "Blank" moment.  :o

cadagi101

Quote from: Kennedy on April 03, 2011, 08:19:42 AM
Sending up a prayer for you and your family this morning. I hope things get better for you real soon.

And WAY off topic! ;D Goodness you ladies get up early! LOL I noticed the time above your replies. LOL
Have a great Sunday!

Have an even better Monday

luise.volta

April 03, 2011, 03:26:07 PM #10 Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:14:32 AM by luise.volta
I cleaned up your language in your first post.  I missed it the first time around but was contacted by another member who found if disgusting. Please reread the Agreement on the Home Page under Getting Started. If it doesn't work for you, there are other Websites that will be a better fit. If we can figure out what you mean, it's the same as writing it out. If you disregard this warning, you will be deleted from WWU. It's my site and I try to see that it stays the way that works best for all of us.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama