March 28, 2024, 12:45:10 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Wrinkles!! Who Me??

Started by Faithlooksup, January 15, 2011, 06:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

Oh good grief, all my recent wrinkle eradication has been for naught since I've been ROTFLMAO for hours now  ;D  ;D  ;D

Back to square one...
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cremebrulee

so if you roll on the floor for hours, that gets rid of wrinkles?

Ok, I'm going for it...if you don't see me until tomorrow, I'll be rolling on the floor....ALL NIGHT LONG, PEN....LOL

Pen

No, Creme - if you laugh too long your facial expressions create more wrinkles!!!  ;D

But you may roll if you like.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Faithlooksup

Wow,Dang, when I laugh I roll too so I am doomed.

Pooh

I'm to special to roll, so I will just sway....of course when I do that I realize that what I had up top is making its way south.....oh wait....you guys said that preperation H would tighten and firm? 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

cremebrulee

OK, I'm back....been rolling all night and let me tell you, the wrinkles on my arms are now big bumps, and my face is so red....guess what, YOU CAN'T SEE THE WRINKLES!!!!!

Pen, you were right! 

Faithlooksup

OMG~~I am going to add Prep H to my grocery list... ::)  I also suggest the rolling it does work wonders.... ::)

luise.volta

I always think of my wrinkles (you can see them up close in the picture I put into a post on "Luise's New/Old Romance" under Grab Bag)....as a road map of my lovely, long life. I revere them and think I have earned them. See what senility has to offer? It's not all bad!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Woo Hoo!  I am now jealous and totally want senility!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

kathleen

Excuse me Luise, but you are the very least senile person I know of, and that includes most of the people in my circle under 25.  So that dog won't hunt.

But Pooh, yikes!  Preparation H on my face?  Did I read this right?  What side effects does it have?  Whoosh, I'd have to have several glasses of Laurie's wine to get into that one.  Then I might have to see a therapist to figure out what I did to my face and why I was drinking so much!  I mean---does it shrink---what????  Maybe it shrinks my wrinkles (I have few) but also maybe my eyepits?  Do my eyebrows shrink?  My brain---in trouble already?

Barbara Cartland, the British romance novelist (very successful but put down by her relations on Princess Di's side because of her un-cool profession of writing trash), said that when you get to a certain age, you have to choose between your face and your figure.  I've lost ten pounds and I can already see it in my face: wrinkles.  Barbara chose her face.  A wise woman.

A neighbor a few years ago went on Atkins as she understood it, where she basically ate bacon and vegetables.  When she got done, she was thin (er), but she looked 90.  Her face looked like her son's SUV ran over it multiple times and left tire treads in different patterns.  Yuk.  I think all that bacon salt leached out whatever was left of her estrogen.  Bacon is really bad food, not intended as a main course or constant snack.  I remember her announcing proudly to me one afternoon, "It's time for my snack, I get to have four slices of bacon." Uh huh.  And it's all out there now on her face, every wrinkley slice.

I did see Jane Fonda on Oprah recently and after what was, I am sure, a $100,000 face lift, she looks fabulous.  OK, she's 70, and she looks 50. And she is thin, ladies, thin and thinner.  But no matter what she does, she cannot keep her husbands.  They leave her like flies desperately fleeing a swatter. Looks young, is old and alone. Had a million implants, etc.   Hmmmm.  There's a real lesson there. 

Self-acceptance has never been a strong suit of women.  We are always trying to look better.  When do we achieve self-acceptance?  If not in older age, then when?  In heaven?

Having said all that, I'll give you the name of a fabulous product I've been using for fifteen years since a dermatologist told me it's the very best on the market.  It's called DML-forte.  You have to go to CVS or a similar drug store, go to the pharmacy, and no, they won't have it.  If the clerk
doesn't recognize it, ask her/him to look it up in the book and order it for you from general chain supply.  This generally takes about 1-2 days.  This stuff is Eucerin without the grease.  It's the best, most hypo-allergenic on the market.  I get a little eczema on my hands once in a while and this relieves the pain and itching overnight.  A little pricey, about $13 a tube, but this is nothing compared to department store ripoffs at the cosmetic counters.  Try it, you'll love it.  Use it on your face, your hands, even I bet on your hemorrhoids. 

I've also learned the best moisturizers are those that you can turn the bottle upside down, and if it comes out slowly in a small glop, it's OK.  If it pours out liquidy, forget it.  Anyway DML eliminates all that expensive experimenting.

I'm lucky I still have smooth skin (unless I lose more weight.).  I also have almost no age spots.  Staying out of the sun is key.  Also getting born with dark hair and the olive-type skin.  Not cool in high school, but very cool now.

Brunettes really do have more fun, at our age!

That's the good news,

Love this thread,

Kathleen

cremebrulee

I'll take senility to, along with serenity, stability and memory, and a body by Fisher, however, that will never happen....talk about everything going south...I'm so far south, I'm making grits every morning...and my friends ask me where the accent is coming from?  ::)

kathleen

Oh my gosh, it's much cheaper on Amazon!  But then you have to pay shipping, but still.

Yes, this is the product, Laurie, and you note the five stars.

I'll definitely check this price out for the future.

Thanks much!

Kathleen

kathleen

Faith,

Back to square one: "the teeth thing."

I was supposed to have a tooth implant on Jan. 25, a big deal with a sinus lift.

Then all this garbage about the gravel pit came up, plus everyone in the dental surgeon's office got bad colds this week, which counter-acts
implants because, as I understand it, you aren't supposed to sneeze for two weeks to the rest of your life.  That lets me out.

So today I called and it was agreed I would wait until March 8.  This is the third time it's been re-scheduled.

So I told the "OR Manager," by March 8 it's been nine months since all this started, so when I come in I expect either an implant or a baby.

Anyone been through a successful tooth implant with sinus lift?  How about a face replacement? 

Kathleen