April 17, 2024, 10:59:43 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What has happened to John Wheeler?

Started by cremebrulee, January 14, 2011, 05:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

I agree, Laurie.

Before this gets locked, I'd just like to say that my post was intended to remind us all to check sources and facts before assuming the worst. Rumors and innuendos abound to bolster one agenda or another; check it out before getting too worked up. We need clear heads these days.

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

That is how I read your posting Pen.... it's the bashing of our government that I'm not excited to see on this site.

luise.volta

We come here to create friendship, share burdens, offer encouragement and process our extended family issues. Along the way we have fun with diets, daily trivia, romance (guilty) and silliness. We offer URLs, recommend books and share poetry. Actually, we digress a lot and that feels comfortable to me. That said, I honestly think there are other sites better suited to political admonitions and views. The same is true of specific religious preferences. We do touch on the third sensitive topic, sex...but we're pretty careful to keep it light and not go there often. Works for me. I will take Laurie's suggesting and close this. I hope you all understand. I'm aiming, whenever possible for the middle of the road.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama