March 29, 2024, 12:07:34 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

losing weight

Started by erma, January 09, 2011, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

Good for you! Although we had all good intentions, DH and I came up with many reasons why we didn't need to go out and exercise today. Bad flabby Pen & DH  :(     No pancakes though!  :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

I'm counting calories and realized that at 1000-1200 I was still starved.. so I bumped it up... I thought no one can constantly walk around as hungry as I was and not give in.. BUT.. today dh begged me to go to Five Guys.. don't know if you all have them where you are but they are probably the best hamburger place on earth.  So I said ok, no mayo, mustard and grilled mushrooms and onions.  10 french fries lol I counted.. and now I shouldn't eat dinner as I was at my 1200 for the day, but I had a bowl of oatmeal and a yogurt so I'm right at 1500.  We took a long walk so hopefully that will work off at least 4 of the french fries.  Why oh why did God have to make the best food the worse food?

penelope

good job Julie,I'm glad you had will power...I ate your share to,took one for the team!!! lol Laurie we have those Five Guys,I'm not a meat eater so I get a mushroom swiss with no meat:b sooooo good and the fries are heaven~ if you get hungry alot bump up your fiber,makes you feel full:) my weights at a stand still,could have worked out a little harder this week,but honestly sometimes I just get lazy~no excuse....just lazy~Good Luck ladies,I hope this week is full of will power~

cadagi101

Quote from: penelope on January 29, 2011, 12:01:02 PM
I love the greek blueberry yougurt~I'm out of yogurt so today for lunch I had 4 pancakes loaded with butter and syrup!!!! I'm thinken that can't be good,I don't even think I chewed,I gobbled them up so fast:b yoplait has a good whipped choc yogurt...mmmmmm

Quote from: penelope on January 30, 2011, 02:53:31 AM
good job Julie,I'm glad you had will power...I ate your share to,took one for the team!!! lol Laurie we have those Five Guys,I'm not a meat eater so I get a mushroom swiss with no meat:b sooooo good and the fries are heaven~ if you get hungry alot bump up your fiber,makes you feel full:) my weights at a stand still,could have worked out a little harder this week,but honestly sometimes I just get lazy~no excuse....just lazy~Good Luck ladies,I hope this week is full of will power~

Ladies how can I read without commenting.  The Truth!!!!  IS....my comment to Penelopes post was a backhanded, upside down, roundabout way of saying "you can do better than that"  next time you have all that wonderful food on your table your willpower will kick in and you win the battle against the bulge...I like an add currently on TV (in Australia)  that say's willpower gets stronger the more you use it..I think that is right.     

a Weight Watcher  guru friend of mine told me just 5 kilo's over your ideal weight is when you need to start with their programe, and make it a healthy way of life.     I think that is about 1/2 stone I'm not sure.    Well I like the programme because it is so easy.   I don't count calories but points.      For instance I should be on around 22 points per day.         To make it easier  a booklet gives you points of all common foods and restaurant and fast foods.    I live 1 hour from our town so I couldn't make the meetings.     So I knew about the programme and bought the points book on ebay.    For example a teryaki sub is 7 points, a Mcdonalds hamburger is 18 points, serve of medium fries is 12 (that's over 1/2 my daily limit)  a salad is 2 with a bit of chicken is 4 and bread is 1.  Glass of wine 2.  You don't do without it just makes you aware!!    I think it is easy.. 6 crackers with olives, sundried tomatoes and weight watchers cottage cheese absolutely delicious only 2 points (have that glass of wine with it!!).  Throw a walk in after dinner for 20 mins gives you a few more points to use through the day.    I find it works, just easy I guess,

bye now

LaurieS

I just tried some of those new (new to me) Grapples.. the apples that I guess are suppose to taste like grapes.. well I'm  not sure if they really taste like a grape.. but they are excellent apples. :)