April 19, 2024, 04:52:11 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

losing weight

Started by erma, January 09, 2011, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Day 2 - Food OK...putting off starting MY exercise program. (Lots of good reasons!)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

I jumped on the scales this week and I'm down 3 lbs.. not exercising enough but cutting back on portions and writing down every bite that goes into my mouth. I was starved tonight and had a whole stuffed green pepper instead of the half that I should have had.. used lean ground beef but I know I chewed up some calories with that one.

Hope

Cheers to you all!  Sounds like everyone is really making an effort.  Writing down what you eat is a great idea!  Diet Workshop advises it, but it takes some effort.  I applaud all your motivation and self discipline!  Yeah for all you go getters!  One lean  stuffed pepper doesn't sound bad!  I would consider that a great day!  Now, I ate a meatball sub from Jersey Mike's for lunch and a cheeseburger (plus salad and broccoli) from Max and Erma's for supper - much worse.  No exercise either.  I need to be more like you ladies......
Hugs, Hope

Pen

Hi, all -

Good on ya for making progress. I rode my bike one day, stretched the next, and then....

I've been very busy. When I'm not busy I'm exhausted. The news from AZ took the stuffing right out of me. DDD is going through some stuff. We've had company. It's been cold. I've had to go in early to work and stay late. Errands. Sick cat. Yada yada yada.

But, I've been eating the Mediterranean way and feeling a bit more energetic and less bloated. I refused the candies and snacks provided at a meeting the other day, and had a small salad when my friend asked me to join her out for lunch. When I'm not wearing heels I park far away from the store entrance, at least most of the time.

I do need to get serious, though. It seems that when I get busy/sidetracked it all goes to heck. I haven't taken the time to get my veggies and other food items all prepared to grab on the run. That's the first thing I should do on my next day off.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

I'm taking Luise's advice and having a blueberry poptart (Hee hee).  Good luck Laurie at the Doctor...I have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Faithlooksup

Oh Luise, I am so saddened to hear about your little dog.....give him a big hug for me, bless his heart..... :( :( :( ....Faith

luise.volta

Yesterday he growled at someone. I was thrilled! My 3 1/2 pound defender!

Faithlooksup

Is that funny ;D  and I bet they back off too.... ;D  he thinks he is a german shephard protecting his mama.....

erma

morning ladies,
i did very well the first few days, no I'm sick with a horrible sinus infection and wooping cough. so, i will be exercising my fingers with the remote for a couple days. still journal every bite that goes in my mouth. ugh! i hate being sick! have a good weekend people!

LaurieS

Hope you get to feeling better Erma.. we had that same thing pass through our house over Christmas.. so everyone went home with a surprise gift and a bottle of medicine.  I have suffered for years with sinus issues.. here is what the surgeon suggested.. Saline nasal spray and a personal inhaler.  No vinegar required.. hope it helps.

Pen

We've been battling that sinus-hacking-nasty stuff for a month at least, so I feel your pain. Yuck! I'm finally starting to feel normal. Keep up your fluids, get plenty of rest, cut out the sugar...that's what worked for me, although it probably just needed to run its course, LOL. Oh, and buy stock in facial tissues!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Oh, you poor guys!  :( (I just sterilized my monitor!)

Faithlooksup

erma

ermas  food journal for today.........  mucinex, halls, advill, tea/w honey......more halls, lemon water, kleenex........... ::) ::) ::)

luise.volta