March 28, 2024, 10:40:30 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Cold Yet

Started by LaurieS, February 03, 2011, 01:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

I'm in WA state and it's 46 degrees...didn't need a jacket when I went to Curves. (NEVER nee one coming home!)  ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

That's crazy.  Anything below 75 and I'm freezing.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

That's what Kirk, our worthy Webmaster, says. He lives in Hawaii! He spends every summer here because he doesn't like how hot and humid it gets (and I hope because he misses him mom) and most summers, he doesn't get out of long-johns.  ;D ;D ;D

pam1

That sounds awesome!

I hope one day I get to do that.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Faithlooksup

Quote from: luise.volta on February 05, 2011, 12:00:11 PM
I'm in WA state and it's 46 degrees...didn't need a jacket when I went to Curves. (NEVER nee one coming home!)  ;D
I had to laugh Luise, its the truth...however we have 2 feet of snow and its 11 degrees outside and I just threw on my hoodie when leaving instead of good ol' winter jacket...

lancaster lady

We are a wee bit tougher here in Scotland ,no choice ,but the scenery makes up for it !
Summer is a high of 20 degrees if we're lucky !

Pooh

Oh geesh LL, I would freeze!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

20 C is about 68 F? That's warmer, but still not sunbathing weather. Much better for the skin!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

Well ladies.. while all of you are bundled up.. I'm on my way out for a mani/pedi  while wearing my sandals.. I'm thinking lunch too

Pen

Al fresco, I take it...as Chris Farley said, "La-di-frickin'-da!"

I'm just a little jealous, Laurie. You know I'm happy for you!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

yeah I was putting on some makeup in between typing lines.. oh today is tuesday isn't it.. hmm hubby has to go into town from work as well.. maybe I'll just time it right and we can do dinner.. this looking like a 'getting nothin' accomplished day

luise.volta

I just love this days!