March 28, 2024, 06:09:36 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

breakthrough with MIL?!?!?!

Started by brandynd, December 04, 2010, 11:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Lol....we are not too far off.  I had my first one in 88'. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

SunnyDays09

TLS, Amy is dh's sister that you drew for gift?  Is "Alice" another sister or the mil?   

brandynd

December 16, 2010, 11:02:33 AM #17 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:11:45 PM by luise.volta
That is his other sister.  Sorry, I'm so horrible about keeping things straight for people!  Anyways, I guess I should have worded it differently....I should have said "our weekend away," instead of "this weekend away" because the show isn't until June.  But we are heading out of town for Christmas with DH fathers' side of the family, so we'll see if all goes well with his sisters over the weekend! 
Woo hoo Pooh!  your oldest and I are right around the same age!  I was right on the tail end of the NKOTB madness...LOVE IT!  We shall see how things go between myself and DH family.  Hopefully they continue to improve, but I'm not going to hold my breath.  That isn't me being negative, just realistic.  If nothing else, I still think I'm awesome....lol.
I better get going though, I need to walk my little yorkie monsters before the snows starts back up!
XOXOXO,
TLS

luise.volta

Please remember to leave names out of posts to protect the innocent (and guilty.)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

brandynd

"Alice" isn't her real name.....I'm always careful to use aliases....never know will be surfing the web!

luise.volta

Please don't use substitute names, either. Thanks. We have abbreviations for every possible relationship and if we don't have one, we'll make one up.  :)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

forever spring

Hi I love this posting! There seem to be continuing problems with your MIL, but with a good dose of humor they are a lot easier to face. Occasional glass of wine and 'pretending all is good' can be refreshing.
I grew up with the Beatles but am a great fan of Coldplay and many other living bands. Did you know that the ticket lines for the Take That reunion concert in Manchester crashed not long after they were opened. Now there's a problem!
Seriously, I do hope that your relationship with your MIL improves - in the sober state I mean. I never had a MIL because she died shortly after I married my husband, so I don't know what it's like to be on the receiving end. I'm now a MIL and I've never been on a steeper learning curve in my life. I bless my sense of humor and the fact that I have two adorable gc. I am very grateful to my dil that she's done all the hard work. I think, I should show this more to her.
Best wishes

cremebrulee

Quote from: chelmsford36 on January 12, 2011, 01:51:28 AM
Hi I love this posting! There seem to be continuing problems with your MIL, but with a good dose of humor they are a lot easier to face. Occasional glass of wine and 'pretending all is good' can be refreshing.
I grew up with the Beatles but am a great fan of Coldplay and many other living bands. Did you know that the ticket lines for the Take That reunion concert in Manchester crashed not long after they were opened. Now there's a problem!
Seriously, I do hope that your relationship with your MIL improves - in the sober state I mean. I never had a MIL because she died shortly after I married my husband, so I don't know what it's like to be on the receiving end. I'm now a MIL and I've never been on a steeper learning curve in my life. I bless my sense of humor and the fact that I have two adorable gc. I am very grateful to my dil that she's done all the hard work. I think, I should show this more to her.
Best wishes

wonderful positive post, you go girl!!!!! :D