March 28, 2024, 01:38:09 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I HAVE to lose some weight.

Started by LaurieS, January 05, 2011, 11:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kathleen

Pen,

I didn't say I EAT all that sugar I describe. But it does not make me ditzy as you describe.

I also love cheese, think I'll get some now.

Kathleen

Pen

Oh, I didn't think you did Kathleen. I'm certainly in no position to judge anyone's habits at any rate. I'll cop to watching too much TV, procrastinating on chores at home & work, and eating too much cheese  ;D   I do have standards; I won't just sit and power down a brick of Velveeta. It has to be melted with Ro-tel first.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

Quote from: courtney on January 06, 2011, 02:08:14 PM

I first noticed at a barbeque when one of the almost 6 ft 150# guy said, 'sure, I'll have a small spoonful of that tater salad-it's my favorite'...  to me, the phrases, 'favorite food' and 'small spoonful' didn't seem right together!! hahaha!
I'd still be stuck on the tater salad

And the rest of you just hush.. I was so good today, had a sick dog so I spent the day at the vets but managed to only eat 1 cup of 15 bean soup for lunch, and no breakfast (I know I know, I was busy posting lol) so  by dinner I was famished.  How's this for being good.. Broccoli steamed, a large helping of Tilapia with a scoop of pico, and a cucumber and tomato salad.  I was so pleased with myself even tho I had what is a double serving of fish to most people, I thought I did well.. then what do I do.. I come here and read about cookies, fudge, cheese dip.. I think my jaw just tightened.  I'm getting a cup of coffee and for a treat I'm putting in 2 tablespoons of fat free half and half..(which btw..is the very best thing to cook with.. it does not separate)

Oh and the dog.. 6 hours later.. 400.00 later and they can't find a thing wrong... at least kids could tell you where it was hurting.

LaurieS

Quote from: courtney on January 06, 2011, 07:52:54 PM
   Laurie, how good you are about what you eat...what a power of example to one such as myself who could eat toast and caffenated tea loaded with sugar for breakfast, devil dogs for lunch and plain pasta for dinner, and be happy...of course I'm not going to live as long as I'd like to, if I do that, so I try not to. Motivation is key!
  Poor puppy!  Terrible about the $400. too, but to still not be able to help the poor dear one. Do you mind telling what kind of breed, girl, boy? how old, symptoms? Do you have any other animals? I love people and their pets!...I know, I am very curious, bordering on nosey, I know....  :-[    :)

The problem is, that is exactly how I've been eating especially the pasta.. I mean I love cold noodles with nothing on them.. this is sick.. I'll eat the uncooked pasta.. there must be some vitamin deficiency. I'm trying to be better and I actually love food that is good for you as well like the fish.  My dh got out the mayo based tartar and I about died.. I said lemon or pico, those are your choices.. yep he pouted but did not eat the tartar.. I'll claim that I found mold on the lid and had to toss it out.

I had posted a picture of my dogs, one you can see quite well here is the link http://www.wisewomenunite.com/index.php/topic,1057.msg24461.html#msg24461 The 'girls' are both Chihuahua's.. Luise has one as well. Half sisters and right at 6 years old (45 in human years I saw the chart today) she is getting up in the middle of the night and drinking excessively, but all blood work and urine analysis turned out fine.. you should have seen me trying to chase behind her to catch her urine, that is why it took 6 hours :) So now we are waiting on two test, tested her for cushings and thyroid problems.  Vet said all I can see is fat.. I asked on the dog or me?  She takes after her mama I guess, so now we are both on diets.  Chibi is the black one and Jenni is brown... it's just hard when they are not themselves, but the drinking and bloating bothers me.  Other pets.. well my son's two pet rats are coming to stay again.. these are younger and not trained so they will stay in their cage at all times.. I said no rats.. no rats.. ahh but mom.. I will try to find them a home while he's gone, but I can live without them. His last rat bit my dog.. she was terrified after that. You have dogs?

Pooh

Wow Courtney!  You, your family and friends have been cat saints.  To take all those strays and give them a good life, pay vet bills and show that much love is awesome.  I was always an animal freak.  Comes from having a country-fied grandpa that would let me do or have anything I wanted.  I think mostly to annoy my Mother.  ;D

I have had sooo many pets over my lifetime and have loved them all.  From a pair of female bunnies (which turned out to be a male and female so I ended up with over 40 bunnies), to cats, dogs, fish, hamsters, ferrets....and I loved them all.  We had to have my very last baby put down at age 6, because she had cancer and was suffering so bad in 08', and I haven't had a pet since.  It is definately like loosing a family member.  My new DH is not a pet person.  He is an animal person and plays with all of our friends, neighbors and parents animals, but he doesn't want one in the house.  He told me he is not against having a big dog someday that spent most of its time outside, but wants a house that would be suitable for that first.  Our current house has a small backyard that isn't fenced.   I am not a big dog person.  I don't dislike them, just had my fill living with Police drug dogs for years of big dogs.  I am the teacup kind of girl that can put them in a pocketbook and take them with me....Lol.  My friends all laugh because that would be about the only girly thing about me.  I am so not foo-foo but yet love little foo-foo dogs.   I miss having one, but between my work schedule and his, right now it would be hard to have one.  So I will wait until we are better equipped to handle one again, then I will start working on DH.   ;D

I have been looking and I think I want a teacup maltese next time.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Wow  Courtney.... I've never been much of a cat person, I've owned one and he was sweet (if that is what you call 5 weapons coming at you at once) but he was a pain in the butt.. he would potty behind my furniture, bring dead things to my bed.. and for some reason cat's don't think that they need to listen.  Since I viewed myself as being in training for children, I kept him and did so abuse free... then one day he walked off the porch and decided that his girlfriends house was a better place to live and her parents took him in like he was their own.  He never looked back..cut all communication, this new family owned him hook, line, and testicle sinker.  I never did find out what I did wrong in his eyes, and certainly there was no forum at that time to seek out for answers..

I have the Chihuahuas now but really they are hard to own... Kinda useless unless your doorbell has stopped working, then they always run to the wrong door.  Someone once described them as velcro dogs and I think that is pretty accurate.. a walk to the mailbox forces a welcome home greeting like I'd been gone for 5 hours.  Oh and 5-6 hours is all I can leave them I feel.. they can sleep 10 at night but their bladders work on overtime during the day..

Out of all the dogs I've ever owned.. the very best breed was the Boston Terrier.. and you can get one under 15lbs... look at these babies, that I just came across a picture of.  They don't look real.

Our Boston Sadie was probably the best dog I ever owned.. I use to raise and show Bloodhounds and they were great but large and the males were kinda dumb.  For now it's the chi's and rat's oh and one Mr Betta Fish.

Pooh

I think boston terriers are adorable but their boogly eyes give me the willies!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Pen

Oh Laurie... ;D

We've decided no more pets...my DH just goes to pieces when they die. It's amazing how clean the house stays without cats and dogs in it! Also, it's difficult to find reasonably priced pet sitters in our area and we enjoy traveling. I do miss snuggling with my kitties and walking the dog, especially since DS & DD moved out.

We have a lot of wildlife in our area, so I must be content with watching rather than snuggling, LOL.

Back to weight loss - I need one of those robotic dogs to walk so I'll be motivated to get exercise...I wonder what they poo? There's got to be something awful that happens if you don't take them out regularly...batteries on the floor?
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

is that not the cutest puppy.. have you ever looked at puppy french bulldogs.. now you want to talk about cute.. I go to youtube and punch in different breeds to see them in action.. I just don't like hyper little dogs like Jack Russel Terriers.. I know I've just offended someone, but dang those things bring out the worse in me.. Brittany Spaniels do the same thing.

Pen you're right, they are hard to lose in the end.  Robo dog huh?  Bet they could crap a pile of technology if you aren't careful.

Pooh

Ha ha.  My last baby was a Jack Russel!  Nah, didn't offend me, they are hyper as all get out and would run circles around my feet, but man she was smart.

The french bulldog puppies are precious, but again...the boogly eyes....lol.

I would think robots poop chips.
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Ok ok....now I can't quit giggling Laurie....I google on youtube french bulldogs and come up with this!

Hmmm......could be a great help to Mothers......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfjvacT7SZA
Joseph Campbell

Faithlooksup

Hi Pen,  I do agree with the "no more pets" statement, it is so heart breaking when something happens...I have had animals all my life, and by far my German Shephards were the best.  I am not crazy at all about small dogs--for the ones I did have were forever always barking--OMG---even if a leaf was falling from a tree--they had to bark.  ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Now my kids have the dogs and I have 2 cats--best buddies they are.  They do not have to be walked, they dont bark when a leaf falls, and of course they have their litter box, they ask for very little and give a lot...Now, if only I could get them to clean out their own litter box I would have it made!? :-\

I myself, have always said: no more, no more and then I break down and end up with 2 cats.  LOL

LaurieS

Pooh, that was great fun to watch.. aren't they the sweetest dogs.. with this dog you'd never have to bathe your babies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlzgwdVEt00&NR=1