March 29, 2024, 05:46:47 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise's New/Old Romance

Started by LaurieS, January 01, 2011, 08:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Quote from: Pooh on January 14, 2011, 10:39:35 AM
But, and maybe this is because I am getting older, although he is wonderfully romantic, the things I find very romantic have changed in my head some too.  He is off work this morning, and before I left for work he said, "I will get all the laundry done and the house cleaned up today, so you don't have to worry about any of it and can enjoy your weekend."  Ok, NOW that is romantic!  He's so getting lucky tonight!

I agree, Pooh! There is nothing sexier than a man doing some work around the house. If they only knew....
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I remember, 1000 years ago, when my husband was in college and I was working. I came home and found him doing the ironing...and went bananas! He had wings...he was an angel...and I was his slave. (Do angels have slaves?)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Faithlooksup

Faithlooksup

Pooh, I did not care for Dear John either, nor the movie as well.....What i also loved  was "My Sisters Keeper" by Jodi Picoult~~loved both the book and the movie.....

Pooh

Just so you guys know, he did exactly what he said, plus some!  He not only had the laundry done, dishes washed and everything picked up, he had mopped, vacumned, cleaned the bathrooms and washed the bed linens!

And I thanked him very appropriately, all weekend....... :-*
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

He's a keeper!

And by 'appropriately,' do you mean you let him watch all the sports shows he wanted and throw his empty chip bags on the floor? Or did you mean something else?  ;)  ;)  ;)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

He doesn't watch sports and never throws empty wrappers on the floor...........so............ ;D
Joseph Campbell

Faithlooksup

Does he have a Brother??? ;)  Cousin???? ;) He is one in a million...

Pooh

He does have a brother, who is an Einstein!  Walks around all the time with a book in his hand, is a big history and war buff, annnndddd never been married! He and my DH are almost exactly alike in personalities. Lol.

He has a girlfriend that has been with him for about 4 years now.....that none of us like! She is very selfish and self-centered, so opposite of him.  So we all smile nicely at family things and just hope he figures it out!  Lol.
Joseph Campbell