April 18, 2024, 10:04:33 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Cruises would like to hear from ladies who could recommend a good cruise line

Started by Louey0727, January 03, 2011, 01:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louey0727

Dear Ladies:
Been talking to so many people about cruises,that my head is realing.
If any of you ladies have the time to just post what cruise you went on, what ship and how was it.
I don't know that living in Canada makes a difference, all I know is you first fly to a major city to board the cruise line?
Like to hear some stories.

LaurieS

Hi there, we used the Carnival Cruise Line, and took a trip to two ports in Mexico.  Of course the food was to die for and the entertainment was fun.  We did face some difficulties with weather  and were delayed in boarding (several hours) Carnival stepped up and refunded a small portion of our cruise.  During the excursion we could not go into one port, Carnival again provided a small refund for everyone on the ship.  Our cabin was clean and the steward addressed me by name each time we passed.  It was the first time in my life I felt like I was on the same vacation as the rest of the family.. can't wait to do it again. 

Pooh

Just took my first ever cruise in November.  It was also with Carnival Cruise line.  We took a four day out of Port Canaveral, Florida on the Carnival "Sensation" to the Bahamas.  Not the biggest, not the smallest ship they have.  Me and DH both loved it and are already talking about scheduling another.  It is truly a vacation.

Like Laurie said, the food is absolutely wonderful.  I was very impressed with how clean the ship was and there was always someone cleaning something.  Our room steward was awesome as were all the staff.  We had a waiter on the Lido deck that remembered our names after the first day and would rush up to help us any time he saw us coming.

We didn't take any excursions because we had never been out of the Country and wanted to explore on our own.  But if I went back again to the same area, I would definitely look into an excursion this time.

That has been my only experience, but I will say there were a couple of Royal Caribean ships parked next to us that looked very nice, and we talked to some people coming off of those, and they raved about them too.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Oh, and I talked and talked to people and did all kinds of research too until I gave myself a headache.  The most informative site I found was www.cruisecritic.com.

Sign up (it's free) and then you can get to the forum boards where people post their experiences and all about the various cruise lines.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

cremebrulee

I would suggest a Cruise to Grenada....they say the island is the spice Island...and as soon as you get off the ship or plane, you can smell the spices in the air, plus my son and DIL love the Western Carribean and they've cruised for years....

I for one, prefer to fly to one island for the entire vacation....that way you are able to tour the entire island and each island has it's own unique history and secret spots, not to mention...excellent resturants....I don't know, I'm a loner and always thought of cruise ships as a floating mall, with lots of noise and people.  However, son and DIL love them?  On a cruise, you only have an alloted amount of time each day to see the island, and there is so much lost by not staying longer? 

If you ever decide to go to an island and stay for the entire vacation, DM me and I'd be happy to send you some tips....

I'm just not a cruise kinda gal, although, I would consider one to Alaska, as they say, they are the best.

good luck and have fun....