March 28, 2024, 12:22:13 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I need help and I need it badly

Started by 2chickiebaby, October 21, 2009, 07:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

You're right, of course.  I would not be able to have a Thanksgiving and deprive myself and my husband that day, though.

I'm going to my Son's and Dil's and I am, if it ends up killing me, going to have as good a time as I can.  I don't know what I'm going to do about Christmas.  I have special stockings for each grandchild that have really cute things inside. 

I will not allow them to come here for Christmas, though.  The house if contaminated, according to her with dust.  WHAT A B****!  Her house is a pig sty! 

She has pulled her last stunt with me and my son has allowed it.  A friend asked me today, "doesn't she know how much you're loved?"

I can't tell you how much that meant to me.  She's trying to hurt me and she has.  She has taken all the joy out of holidays I loved and tried to make so special. 

I'm trying to figure out how to say, "no, you can't come to our house for Christmas Eve. It's contaminated." 

She has made me want to dust even after the maid leaves.  What years I have wasted on that sub-human mutation! 

If anyone has a clue on what I should do about Christmas, let me know.  I can't put close DIL through this again!  Having her for a 3 day visitor is too much.

I tell ya, I might get weak next week so watch out, ladies.  Glad I have you.

Pen

If you can afford a maid, you can afford a cruise or some other fabulous trip - get the heck out of town for Christmas!! :) Spoil yourself!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

AnnieB

penstamen,

EXACTLY what I was thinking!   If not a cruise -- just go somewhere nice for the holiday!  Drop off those presents before or send them or something but go have a nice holiday for yourself and hubby!

just2baccepted

i've thought about taking a nice trip as well. Like around Christmas going to Branson.  I bet that would be a pretty time to go.  Chickie I bet your DH and you could have a great time doing something like that and not have to worry about family during the holidays.

2chickiebaby

I can't seem to do it.  To leave seems so final....really, son is one of the nicest men you could ever meet.  He doesn't understand what his wife is like.  I don't want to hurt him.  I don't want to hurt her either.  Sometimes I just get so hurt that I write bad things on here.  She's scary.

Has your MIL invited you over for Thanksgiving? 

just2baccepted

No they dont ever invite us for anything but we're just expected that we go out on Christmas eve.  I hope that my mom will come over though on Thanksgiving.

2chickiebaby

I wish they would just get to know you.  If they're human, they would love you.