March 29, 2024, 05:04:10 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise - how is Val doing? How are you holding up?

Started by luise.volta, January 02, 2011, 07:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope

Luise and friends - I just saw this thread - I know, I know - what am I doing?  Any way, I am having a blast reading everyone's comments.....laughing out loud.  I think it's wonderful that Luise is catching up with an old friend and sharing similar experiences.  I think my eyes grew twice their size when I read '1942'.  Isn't there a movie entitled, "The Summer of 1942"?  You didn't meet on Nantucket Island, did you?  LOL!  Luise - you are one adventurous woman!
You are very good to Val - your daily visits along with Me-Too are such a blessing to him.  Thanks for the update.
Hugs, Hope

luise.volta

I loved that movie! (Of course!) I think it was made in the mid-70s.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Faithlooksup

luise.volta

Did you see that movie? It wasn't "Luise and Jim in disguise" because it was about a young person's initial sexual experience. The "get drunk on the beach and not be able to remember it in the morning or wish you couldn't" pattern...as compared to the gentle, soft...caring and very touching "first time" with one person knowing what she was doing. (The woman had just been advised her guy had been killed in WW II and turned to her teen-friend for solace.) Jim and I were raised that neither approach was acceptable and did what we were told...which was nothing. We were taught that we were too young and I honestly think that still makes sense...the teen years are tough enough already.

Do I sound like I'm 83? Probably!

Faithlooksup

No Luise I did not see the movie~~or, maybe I have and I dont remember it, but the title sounded romantic.....(?)   I will have to try to find a copy of it, perhaps from our library and watch it, and then maybe not after re-reading your post with what the movie is about.....

I believe, we were raised with respect along with a fear and now a days the teens do not have that fear, nor respect~~~~OOOPS that is just my humble opinion.....

BUT, Luise I did find that book and it is on its way in the mail......

Do you sound like you are 83???  Heck no, you sound like my Mother.... ;)   HUGS, Faith

luise.volta

It's a beautiful movie. I can count the movies I remember on one hand.

And yes, you are a romantic...to late to try to cover up your tracks now.  ;D

I clearly remember explaining my views on teenage sex to my sons...separately because they were eight years apart. One said something like, "That is such a bunch of dribble. You're talking about the dark ages!" And the other just smiled a wicked smile that told me that I was too late. The good news is that neither of them was irresponsible...or maybe they were both just lucky?  ???

Faithlooksup

OK, I will then have to rent it, I do love romantic movies Luise....I wave the white flag. ;D

But here we go again~~~ahhhhh, trips down memory lane~~explaining our views to our Dear Sons regarding teenage sex.... :-[ :o   They would listen so closely, its difficult explaining to boys even when you are their Mother.  I remember simply forever telling them~~a woman is to be respected, she is not your toy~~she is also your friend, she is a lady, stay away from "naughty girls"...on and on and then when it became to steep~~I would tell them, "why dont you ask your father?"   Well, at that time I did not know he was gay...!

However, apparently all of my preaching did some good for one is married with his 2 and the other is foot loose and fancy free with none...I do find that responsible (and lucky LOL) on their part for it could of been much worse!!!  Wheeew!!! ;)

luise.volta

Well, we say WHEW! And then the next thing we know, we're holding our breath over grandsons...and now, I have two greats in college and two finishing high school...and even from a greater distance...I'm hoping for one more WHEW! (No wonder really old people are short of breath!)

Faithlooksup

You are silly!!!! ;D    Whew...its hot in here~hotflash~~~we say whew to those too...I guess we are never done saying "wheeeew."

You sound like you have a large family Luise, I like that.... :)

luise.volta

My definition of hot flashes is "Something that happens to young women."  ;D

Faithlooksup

Dang, Luise I wanted to run the marquee and it did not work for me.....Love you.....

luise.volta

8) 8) 8) It has to go in the middle between the two bracked words.."move,"

luise.volta