March 28, 2024, 01:31:03 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise's New/Old Romance

Started by LaurieS, January 01, 2011, 08:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

January 01, 2011, 08:25:24 PM Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:19:48 AM by luise.volta
Great news Luise.. now you can share more pictures with everyone.

I just looked up your camera at Sony and it appears that most of your manual is located on the disk that came with the camera.  The one thing that was not included that you may need will be a memory card.  Sony now allows you to use two different types and as long as they are fast cards you'll be good to go.  This camera does have a little bit of built in memory  but I wouldn't rely on that since the space if very limited and will only allow a couple of photos.

On your computer you'll need to locate the usb port for your cable, unless you have a card reader built into the computer, if you do not have a card reader then you will be attaching the supplied cord from your camera to the usb port in order to transfer pictures. Look below at my computer, I'm showing my built in card reader area and my usb ports

Below is a link to Amazon, just to show you what a sdhc (memory card) looks like, there are many sizes and speeds to choose from  http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Class-Memory-SD4-8GBET/dp/B00200K1SY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293942001&sr=8-1

LaurieS

Luise.. I hope you're still working on figuring out your camera and how to transfer photos.  Let me know if I can help...

Pooh

Ha ha ha!  Gotta luv Laurie.

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

The real problem Pooh is I can't describe things.. had Luise asked what a read reader looked like I would have used words like multiple thingie slots.. I do the same with my husband I take pictures if he can't understand what I'm saying.  A very long time ago (before digital) he accused me of not cleaning something.. anyway I started taking pictures of me cleaning.. now to get those express processed and printed was costing him a mint.. he stopped commenting.  Ok so maybe I too qualify as a true PIA :)

Pooh

Seriously, I soooo get the thing-a-ma-bobby instructions.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

I do too.. I think it's the secret language of women.. but my husband is a engineer.. worse.. a anal engineer :)

Pen

I use my hands a lot when I can't think of a certain word. Some interesting gestures have been innocently made. I stand there saying "...the uh, you know, the [gesture inserted here] thingy that uh [gesture] to the [gesture]..."

It's amazing I can order a meal or get my car repaired.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Pen, my hubby is a car fanatic and we will be driving down the road or watching a movie and he will say, "Oh my.  A 1997........"  I just stare blankly at him and he says, "It takes gas honey."  Ohhhhhhh.
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Bless you heart, Laurie! Well, I have a memory card (Memory Stik PRO Duo 2.0 GB) but I didn't put it in the camera. I am not a photographer, I am more of a take a specific picture for a specific reason type. I downloaded the 137 page manual but I have been afraid to look at it. Then I charged up the battery, took a picture of my new curio cabinet I got for Christmas, downloaded it into my computer, got it over to my email and sent to Kirk. Haven't tried to put it in Photobucket. I was so anxious through the whole process that I haven't touched it since!  :(

What a wimp, right?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

luise.volta

That's my first (and only) picture with my new camera. (My Christmas curio cabinet.)

The trouble is that I try for so long and I try so hard and then when I succeed...I don't know what I did!  :-\

I am going to a class late this month to try to learn more about this stuff!  :o

And I know I need practice and need to make friends with my Sony because it scares me to death. I just keep doing other stuff where I feel more comfortable. OK...I will take pictures of my studio apartment to send to my old boyfriend in Michigan and learn to print them...since he doesn't even know how to turn a computer on, I have to use snailmail!  ;D ;D ;D

I will face my camera-phobia...I will! (With Laurie to back me up!) Do you realize in 17 years I will be 100? (I'm going for sympathy here...)

Faithlooksup

;D ;D ;D WAY TO GO LUISE GOOD PIX  ;D ;D ;D

luise.volta

LaurieS

You did good Luise.... FYI you can order prints through Kodak from photos that you have uploaded to Photobucket.  You can also have them mailed directly to someone if you choose.  You'll have a  blast taking the computer/camera class, between doing that and Curves we may never see you sign in here due to lack of time.  You're getting the hang of it all.. have fun with the camera.. next you'll be editing your photos

luise.volta

Hey, Laurie! thanks. I did find that photo editing program when I was in that project. Hummmm...I love what one of my sort-of daughters does along that line. She took some pictures of me and my high school sweetheart at Christmas when he was here from Michigan and when I saw that my left eye (where I recently had the cornea transplant) was almost closed...she said..."No problem, Mom... I will just replicate your right eye there."  And she did!!!