March 29, 2024, 12:00:04 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Thank you

Started by shannon, January 15, 2011, 07:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shannon

I'm sitting here with my heart shattered into a million tiny pieces. I am overwhelmed just sitting here writing this, so I know I cannot share now the problems I have with my sixteen and twenty-one year old. All I can say is that we were SO close; how did we get here? I don't understand. I have made too many mistakes for myself and some have affected them and I have apologized for them. I have tried my best to make sure they came out of it with a healthy self-esteem and knowing they were worthy of love, which they did.

I can feel the tears inside and I can't go on right now. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here...I spent some time reading and I'm so tired of feeling alone and of having indifferent, sometimes cruel, children. Don't get me wrong-I've been a good mother but not a perfect one and certainly no angel. But I have loved them with every fiber of my being and they know that, no matter what, Mom will love them. But back to what I was saying-I'm sorry I'm rambling, I'm just so upset. Thank you for being here, thank you for sharing, thank you for offering a place to go.

luise.volta

You're welcome. You have come home. Rest a bit and read the other posts here and soon you will be feeling more like a person and less like punching bag. In this community we love each other until we can love ourselves...and then we heal.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

jill

Welcome Shannon, you have come to the right place.  We all know how you are feeling, and are here for comfort and support.  I have been here about 4-5 months now and am so glad I found all these wonderful wise women.  Share your story when you are ready, we are like one big family here. Best wishes.....Jill

Pen

Shannon, we're here for you when you're ready. I'm glad you found us, but I'm so very sorry you are going through such pain. You will find wisdom and comfort here.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Faithlooksup

Hi Shannon and Welcome......Please KNOW, you are not alone!  And believe it or not you have DONE, nothing wrong...You have done the best you could...and someday they will be parents and will learn its not easy and they will make mistakes as well.....I would love to see just how perfect our children will be when they are parents that they point a finger at us!  The finger will be pointed back at them.

We are here 24/7~~~~You are NOT alone.....
Sending Hugs across the miles with a new box of Kleenex.....Faith

JaneF

Welcome to this group Shannon. I too am sorry for the pain you are feeling at this time. We have all felt similar pain. There are a lot of great gals here that will offer support and share their wisdom. I felt very lucky to find this web page too. We go through anger, frustration and sadness in each of our situations. But the wise Luise has been known to suggest we take care of ourselves...great advice! We cannot change others, but we CAN change how we react to others (in time!). I know it doesn't make things better immediately, but in time if we love ourselves and refuse to let others control our happiness, it does help. We will be here if you need an ear! Take care, and blessings to you.

cremebrulee

Welcome Shannon and come back as much as you can, to read, to learn, to share...believe me, there is hope and daylight out there waiting for you...it just seems hard now...but the soul, mind and body of human beings are much stronger then you think, and you to will grow from this, it's a learning curve in your journey...

Can't say any more then alreadys been said, but come in and post one thought at a time and we'll all help you work thru it...there are a whole lot of loving ladies here who have been thru it and will help you gain back your self esteem and confidence...but first you have to believe and realize, you are a very important person, and your feelings count....
and you are not alone...ever!  Believe it!!!!
Love
Creme

Pooh

Welcome Shannon, and keep reading.  When you are ready to vent, we will be here.  Hang in there, you are so not alone!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell