March 28, 2024, 01:14:01 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Feedback from anyone who stayed at a Resort in Ontario at Christmas

Started by Louey0727, December 27, 2010, 09:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louey0727

For the first time in 47 years, I did not prepare for Christmas.  Family all went to a Resort in Orillia, Ontario, we enjoyed it so much, that I would like do it next year, if God allows.
Have any of you ladies ever stayed at a Resort and do you have suggestions and feedback as to the name of the resorts.
Would really like to hear from you.
Enjoyed, the people, the surroundings, activities, food especially and already thinking of next year, but like to know of other places (Ontario).
Thanks

Faithlooksup

Hi!!!!!!! How totally awesome sounds like a Magical Christmas to forever remember!!!!   However, sadly, I have no suggestions regarding any resorts in Ontario.  Perhaps go on line and google up resorts or B&B's in that area, I am certain you will find some along with feedback from customers as well.
Best wishes always...Peace...Faith :)

cremebrulee

a few Christmas vacations I took off for the islands, didn't go to a resort, rented a home right on the water/beach, from a privet home owner, and a car....didn't go by anyone's schedule but mine, and it was dreamy, no phones, TV, computers...just the sound of the ocean/sea and once there was a storm which was also awesome....then there were other times I took my Christmas vacation on the beach here in the U.S. which was also awesome....loved it...really enjoy going away over Christmas....

erma

we decided that this year we ( me and dh) are going somewhere warm, on a beach, from christmas to new years...... just gonna disapear.......total bliss! :)

LaurieS

Quote from: erma on January 06, 2011, 10:54:06 AM
we decided that this year we ( me and dh) are going somewhere warm, on a beach, from christmas to new years...... just gonna disapear.......total bliss! :)
I don't know where you are living Erma.. but have you ever thought of the Florida Keys?  It's been a few years since I've been there but I loved how laid back the place was.  Little wild at some places in the evening but all in all it's beautiful.  Snorkeling, diving, and boating are at your finger tips.. and the best grouper sandwiches on earth (I hear that Hooter's competes well)  To me there is nothing better then to smell the salt in the air while eating lobster and key lime pie.. just watch for the sun it's a killer.

Pooh

I am gonna make it to the Keys sometime.  Everyone says the same things Laurie has says and it is definitely somewhere I want to go sometime.

My favorite place ever was St. George Island, off of Florida, in the Gulf of Mexico.  It was the most relaxing, peaceful week.  The island is divided in half.   One side has public access and the other side is a gated community where you can rent beach houses.  The beaches are gorgeous and very remote.  We would see maybe 10 people in a 4-6 hour period.  There is no big party scenes, but they do have a couple of restaurants that had bands if you wanted to go.  The most fun was a spice place that hosted a band every Thursday evening and food for the locals.  It was where all the people that live there went and socialized.  We got invited (yes, they are very friendly) and had a blast talking to all of them.  We were welcomed with open arms and treated like family.

There is nothing much around it.  The town before getting on the island (which is a huge bridge for like 2 miles, it was the bridge they filmed part of the movie "True Lies" on, where Jamie Lee Curtis is in the car towards the end, out of control crossing this lonnnnnnggg bridge) is very quaint with lots of arts and crafts stores and was very nice too.  Other than that, very remote.  No touristy things like gooney golf, amusement parks or anything.  Both ends of the island have parks and bird sanctuaries that are beautiful to explore.

I would love to retire there, but I will have to make a few million first.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

I was raised in South Florida.. Ft. Lauderdale....met my dh in Boca Raton while he was in school.. see I got my mrs and didn't even attend college.  The lifestyle was heavenly.. we were poor as crap, but we'd scuba dive in the mornings.. he'd study on the beach.. I at one time lived within eye sight of the water and would wake to watch the sunrise, then pick oranges and grapefruit for breakfast.  Florida is/was a wonderful place..like so many places you have to have some blinders in order to really enjoy it.

luise.volta

I have done Christmas in Key West and also on the Big Island of Hawaii. For me, the magic depends a lot on who I go with or take with me...so the B & B  on Hawaii takes the cake. We stayed a month, Val was still very able and we went with our sort of daughter and her son and daughter. We had a tree and gave gifts and swam at the nude beach. (I'm sure I'm going to hear about that part!) LOL!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

seasage

Quote from: luise.volta on January 08, 2011, 09:40:53 PM
We had a tree and gave gifts and swam at the nude beach. (I'm sure I'm going to hear about that part!) LOL!

Nude beaches are a problem for me, because I don't wear my glasses when swimming.  I  never get to see the goodies!

luise.volta

;D When there are "goodies" everywhere...you alter your definition! Yawn...  ;D

Pooh

I still want my goodies "individually wrapped"....hee hee  ;D
Joseph Campbell

Faithlooksup

OMG~~~~LUISE, you went swimming on a nude beach??????? Did you really??????? OMG....i would never have the nerve unless if it was private.....OMG..... ::) 8) :o :o :o :o

luise.volta

Well, I was with my gorgeous sort of daughter who is an avid swim-nude person...so no one paid any attention to me!

And at 83...I just want what were once "goodies" covered up.  (On me and everyone else.) :-[

Faithlooksup

I dont know Luise....you started this one and you cannot hide.....I probably would sit there with my mouth hanging open watching all the men (with my sunglasses on-don't want to be to obvious.)   WHEEEEW..... 8)