March 28, 2024, 05:01:35 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Privacy Issues

Started by mystory.14, December 27, 2010, 06:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

Catching up, do you mean their hangups?

catchingup

Most of the things people say about us are their hangups.
I cant see why we cant quote something online as long as it is not directed at anyone.
If someone takes it personally then I say "If the cap fits wear it"

lancaster lady

Some people put things on FB to create a response .
I know to my horror ....the wrong person reacted ..
Your theory if the cap fits ,fitted my situation ,someone feeling guilty who reacted to my post .
however this wasn't my intention at all !
now I don't put anything personal on  ,I'll send an email directly without leaving innuendos on FB.

On a lighter note ....during my dark days ,I kept a happy book .
I noted something  each day that made me smile .Simple things ,like the cheeky robin in my garden .
It made me realise there are still things to be happy about .

Pooh

This forum is my online diary....
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

LaurieS

I thought this was my low budget therapy session.. I was even impressed .. not one of you asked me to increase my water or called me Deb

luise.volta

January 31, 2011, 09:28:22 AM #96 Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:21:10 PM by luise.volta
This is my e-family. I have a FOO (I love how that looks and sounds!) - My Family Of Origin that are all gone now. I have my BF - Biological Family that includes grand kids and great grand kids in college who are very close to producing great-great grand kids. I have my EF - My Extended Family which includes 7 "sort of" adult kids and an "ex" or two...and I have my e-family - WWU. I experience intimacy on all levels but this one is the miracle. I have never seen even one of you and I never will but you are all part of my heart. Online diaries bring us close...online therapy helps us heal...we rant at times and often just being heard does the trick. We share experiences and solutions and make suggestions. Online love isn't "virtual."  Amazing.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Tara

Yes, it is a miracle.  I'm so grateful for our group.

pam1

This thread made me LOL and then I wrote a response and lost it.  So here it goes again.  And take with a grain of salt since I don't like social networking anyway.  Don't even get me started, it's probably my #1 thing to rant about.  One of my sisters kept begging me to get on facebook so I tried it and now I think a whole lot of my relatives and friends are a bunch of freaks.  I don't get the need to post OR read what people ate for breakfast, what store they are going to today, what every single personal feeling they have about a recent break up or any other life stuff.  It seems like more and more people are writing about life instead of living it.  But whatever, I have to stop talking about it b/c this will turn into one huge run on sentence about how much I dislike social networking.

Anyway, on the flip side  -- I don't see the need or want to read it either.  When blogs first started coming out and people would email me their link, I'd check it out but not anymore.  Why read someone's diary?  First of all, 99% of the blogs I've read and wasted time out of my life are extraordinarily ordinary (LOL.)  Just like books, not everyone is going to sell.

Eh, maybe it's just me.  But I figure if someone wants me to know something, they'll tell me.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

holliberri

Pam,

I am on Facebook, but I agree with you. There are reasons some of us are just not famous for our opinions and activities...so should we be sharing them ALL the time? I don't know.

Pooh

Now, I happen to be very famous.....in my own mind...
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

LOL Pooh!

Holli, I don't know.  To be honest, I will rant about social networking but then I guess I don't care what other people do.  I just don't read it or want to sign up and do that stuff.  My stepmom used to drive me nuts, she had her blog and would ask you if you read it.  I tried faking the funk for awhile and I guess it was apparent I wasn't keeping up with it so instead she started emailing me her blog entries and then do the ask and refer to her blog when I'd talk to her and then realized I'd stop reading her emails too and got really hurt over it. 

But I just plain don't get it....she WAS talking to me.  Why not just tell me then?  LOL, the whole thing is frustrating and funny.  I want to scream leave me alone, leave me alone when people bring it up and all the drama it causes.  All that nonsense for nothing.

Pooh

I hear where you are coming from....I can't stand Twitter because of the constant updates.  I don't care if you are going to the restroom!  But, I love my FB.  I don't post everything I am doing, and mostly my statuses are silly things to make you laugh, that I update only a couple of times a week.  But I do have friends that change their status every couple of hours.  I just ignore them. 

I have some friends that write blogs that are so boring, that I never read them.  But I have a niece, who is a therapist, who's blog just keeps me in stitches, so I enjoy hers. 

Hate to admit it, but for me, it's not the blog itself or status itself, but the content.  If I enjoy it, I will read it....if you bore me...nope.  So I would just have to use the "Yes, I would love some tea." if they asked me.   :D
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Yeah, I like funny.  I guess my experience was just weird, I dunno.  My sister...woah.  I can't even look at her the same after that, it was like she was a tween drama queen LOL. 

Pooh

I know what you mean.  I have to get on to my DH.  We will have a great weekend together and he will post a status that can be taken a couple of ways and filled with inuendos.  He does it on purpose and his buddies comment.  I am always going, "Do you realize when we run into your friends that I am behind you turning red, because I know they are looking at me like....uh huh?"  He just laughs and says I am proud of our relationship and you.  Sometimes you love them, sometimes you want to kill them!
Joseph Campbell