March 28, 2024, 08:01:08 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Awakening...this gave me hope...

Started by Renet, November 07, 2010, 07:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Thanks Creme.  I think that is my problem too.  I speak my mind and I know they are just doing the same thing.  And I also truly know that they have good intentions.  No one does it to us to hurt us, they just don't realize because they are not going through it. 

I have a couple of times kind of barked before thinking, "No, and I don't want to discuss it!"  They look stricken and then I end up going back and saying, "Sorry, it's very hard on us and I know you meant well."  That usually does stop it from that person.  I will try your suggestion.

Thanks Creme
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

cremebrulee

Hugs to ya Girlfriend, I totally understand....

and yes, they do mean well....really....but it can be very painful to have to talk about it at times....or to have to answer questions....or explain, and I feel like I don't owe anyone an explaination....unless I want to....

but I know that sounds harsh...and probably a bit to harsh...I'm a cut and dry kinda person, a big big flaw....

so, just know, your in my thoughts and I do care....and hope in the end, it all works out for you and everyone else here....

Love ya hun
Creme

Gram

An update from me: I had my three kids here for Christmas this past Saturday, along with their spouses and my one GD. With the problem of being kept at a distance from my GD so often, and the confrontations about it that have occurred, it was a bit strained. But thanks to all of you and your encouragement, I kept a smile on my face and interacted with my nine month old GD when I was allowed briefly. The result for me was that I felt much less hurt after they left than I have in the past, and I think maybe I am a tiny bit further along the path of acceptance! It's still so hard, so disappointing, but I believe this approach resulted in the best outcome for all. Blessings to all, Gram

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

mareluvsbrig

I loved this.  It really does give me a lot of hope.  Thank you and welcome back, safe and sound.