March 28, 2024, 10:04:31 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

YS coming home for the Holidays!

Started by Pooh, December 20, 2010, 06:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Just wanted to share my excitement.  My YS will be here Wednesday!  Woot Woot!  I am so excited that he is getting to come home for Christmas!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

What wonderful news. I can feel your excitement from here!  :D

We have a friend stopping by. He lives in Michigan and is headed for the Rose Bowl Parade in California on New Year's Day. His wife went into nursing the same day Val did and he lost her in May. The last time the four of us saw each other was in 1995 when Val and I went back to Michigan for my 50th HS reunion. Should be fun!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Oh Laurie, that is awesome!  That's wonderful that he is so looking forward to seeing everyone!  And Luise, I am very happy for you to get to see someone that you haven't seen in that long.  How fun is that?

I got tickled at my YS.  He called to say depending on what mood his Sgt. was in, they might get to leave at 9:00 tomorrow night! I was jumping up and down thinking, YAY, get to see him even quicker!!!!

Then I remembered that I had to pick him up....by my calculations, leaving at 9:00 - 7 hour trip - equates to me picking him up at 4:00 in the morning!!!!!!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Nana

Awesome Pooh..... 

Its worth it  (picking him up at 4:00)

Enjoy!

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

erma

so happy for you pooh and laurie!  i love when family comes home! enjoy every minute!
hugs! ;D

erma

how not to be stuck in the kitchen all nite: simply say "dinner time kids! get in the car"!!!!   ;) ;)

Pooh

We budgeted for it all the time and did without other things....Lol
Joseph Campbell

cremebrulee

Quote from: Pooh on December 20, 2010, 06:48:02 AM
Just wanted to share my excitement.  My YS will be here Wednesday!  Woot Woot!  I am so excited that he is getting to come home for Christmas!

Oh Pooh, that is great news...sending you warmth and love for the Holidays...enjoy!!!!!

Pooh

Joseph Campbell