April 17, 2024, 07:39:46 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Holiday Wishes

Started by Sheen, December 19, 2010, 07:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheen

Happy Holidays Everyone !

I know there are many of us, myself included,  that find the holidays a bit hard to deal with because of the problems we have with our adult children.  For years I have sent gifts and cards to my son and his family and have never even received an acknowledgement that they received them. As this year's season approached I again thought about whether I should bother or not .  The other day I came across the site   http://www.wishuponahero.com   and started reading some of the wishes that people have posted from all over the country.  I decided that rather then send gifts to my son and his family who probably do not need them, I would pick a few of the wishes and deal with them and I must say that I feel better about that then I have about gifts I have sent for years.  Some ask for such small things, some ask just for a card but it is within all our grasp to make these holidays a bit more special by helping someone else.

I wish you all a happy holiday .

luise.volta

How wonderful!  :D Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

SunnyDays09

That is a good idea Sheen.  And Happiest of Holidays to you too!

holliberri

Sheen,

I think that is beautiful no matter what the situation appears to be with your children. I am going to visit that site next year and plan that into my budget.

HB