March 28, 2024, 03:03:25 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

For Our Site: 2010

Started by 2chickiebaby, January 04, 2010, 08:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

Our site wasn't named but the posts and what they were about, were.  I'm glad it's not tolerated here too.  We are too wounded for that behavior and don't need it piled on. 

cremebrulee

this site is a God sent, with a lot of great ladies...with a lot of love and insight..it's been a tremendous help to me.

cocobars

I don't think you should have to apologise for any ranting really, because I just believe sometimes, when we rant...  Well it kind of shows that we are really trying hard to understand and WANT our feelings to be recognised and considered. 

You did nothing wrong here.  This site should be a welcome place for all of us to make our mistakes and get advice.  I'm not perfect.  I wouldn't expect anyone else to be.  If I was going to think something in the wrong way, this is the place I would like to make that mistake.  You, wonderful women will help guide me.  I don'[t think that is blind trust.  I believe that is a part of what this is about here.

I think the world of you chickiebabie!  Rant away! 

RedRose

I think a lot of us feel the same about this site.  There are a lot of wonderful and caring ladies here full of experience. I'm glad I am here.

isitme?

Pen

You have all, DILs & MILs, become so special to me. This site has already helped improve my situation by giving us a wonderful place to share stories, support & wisdom. I guess that makes it a "me four!"
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cocobars

You can count me in on that one too!  I may joke around alot, but this site means more to me than I can say.  The first post I put on here was really hard to write.  I took that chance and found some wonderful and caring people

cremebrulee

Quote from: Survivor on January 04, 2010, 03:47:04 PM
I am sorry to hear that other sights talk about us that post on here, don't they get into trouble for naming this sight specifically? I am so glad that the person that posted that message no longer posts here, that kind of behavior is just not right.

I'm sorry to, but cha know what...while some of those DIL's are just looking for trouble...there are several who will come in, b/c they are advertising us, and join in...besides, it surely does bring us more hits on this site, which is a good thing...those that are unreasonable will most certainly find something to talk about...but, those who are really sincere and looking for support and guidence, will read and conclude that we make a lot of sense...like our already existing DIL's. 

Ya gotta wonder when someone comes into your thread, and is so contrary, looking to discredit you....and not just one post, but several..I felt like saying, so what's your point?

No one here has to be afraid of them...really think about it, seriously...they are strangers on line who are very angry people and are looking for trouble...but really, they can't hurt you, they can only say nasty words...so, ignore them...they're not worth it...it's the ones who join  in who are seriously intelligent, wise women who are mature enough to understand, that people are people and you are not going to change them...especially older people...basically, its jealousy and insecurity which is an emotional disease....feel sorry for them, and they're husbands.  Can you imagine living like that?  Where you wife has to say, my husband feels the same way about his mother?  He loves his mother, he's simply agreeing with her to keep the peace...and to avoid confrontation.  Now granted, as you all know, there are some very dysfunctional mother in laws....but when you read the DIL's posts, you can weed the vindictive ones out...and the others go along with it, b/c they have not reached a point in they're lives where they are fed up with being a follower...they still need to belong to a group...so they go along with it, but really don't approve. 

I'm so so happy for this site and for all you ladies...

RedRose

Creme...Very wise words...once again

Thank-you