April 19, 2024, 02:45:09 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I genuinely want to know what you think.

Started by 1Glitterati, December 16, 2010, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

I do have to work sometimes! Haha. To be honest, DH thinks I spend too much time with you all. I told him it is just b/c he is no fun.  :P Oh well, I think he spends too much time on Fantasy Football.

LaurieS

I'm spending a lot of time on here today because I don't want to vacuum.. but now I have to or I'll be upset with myself later on.. I was playing with my son's pet rats earlier so that kept me entertained on this dreary Texas day.. they are so funny eating marshmallows, unlike a hamsters they don't have pouches, so they try to hold them all the little puffy things in their hands and against their chest.. oh god I'm having fun with rats.. geez.. I'm going to go vacuum now. 

Tara

8) 8)
Thanks Holliberry and Laurie, You make me laugh so often!

Pen

Laurie, what is this "vacuuming" of which you speak?
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

If sounds foreign coming from my mouth... you will never hear me say.. wow that looks like great fun.  But for the first time today I did get my heart rate up :)

Pooh

Pen, I didn't know either so I googled it. It says "vacuuming" is 1. a space entirely devoid of matter.

So she must have moved everything out of the room...
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

seasage

Quote from: Pooh on January 21, 2011, 09:24:32 AM
Pen, I didn't know either so I googled it. It says "vacuuming" is 1. a space entirely devoid of matter.

So she must have moved everything out of the room...

Exactly.  And that's what a vacuum cleaner is for ... cleaning vacuums.

LaurieS

luise.volta

Vacuuming is when you're resting and not thinking.  8)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Tara

Luise,  how zen, I love it.

Hey WW the grandgirls were born day before yesterday - health and very cute!
My friend was here today and said they take after their grandma  ;- )

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Tara, I'll bet they're adorable. Congratulations!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

They arrived a little early didn't they?  Glad to hear they are both healthy.. how is the mom doing?  How is the grandma doing? :)

holliberri

Congrats, Tara!! Very exciting! Hope everyone is doing well!

Tara

Thanks everyone,

Mom is doing as well as expected I guess given she had a C-section.
Grandma is good and DS seems the happiest I've seen him in a long time.