March 28, 2024, 12:51:27 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My three adult children hate me.

Started by BROKENHEARTMOTHER, December 16, 2010, 03:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

That reminds me of a email my dh sent yesterday:

Church Ladies With typewriters . . .

They're Back! Those wonderful Church Bulletins! Thank God for church ladies
with typewriters. These sentences (with all the BLOOPERS) actually appeared
in church bulletins or were announced in church services:

The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.
--------------------------
The sermon this morning: 'Jesus Walks on the Water.' The sermon tonight:
'Searching for Jesus.'
Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those
things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smile at someone
who is hard to love. Say 'Hell' to someone who doesn't care much about you.
Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.
Miss Charlene Mason sang 'I will not pass this way again,' giving obvious
pleasure to the congregation.
For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery
downstairs.
Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help
they can get.
Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So
ends a friendship that began in their school days.
A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will
follow..

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

I actually saw a sign that said "Meth Church hosts pancake breakfast."
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

LaurieS

LOL.. Meth Church ... you know  you've just got to see the humor in things, even when it's not originally intended

luise.volta

Well, the Retirement Center where I live is owned and run by the Free Meth Church. Is doesn't get much better that that!

LaurieS

While I was doing my favorite thing in life today- getting a mother/daughter pedicure, we noticed a sign saying "Free Cookies" and the next line was "Only 1.00 per package"  good thing I'm on a diet.. I might have been tempted to find out which it really was.

luise.volta

Gram

I am always amazed at how uplifted and understood I feel in WWU. I am also in awe (really) of Luise. You are so insightful, witty, compassionate, and wise....need I say more? Sometimes I'd like to crawl in your back pocket, and when I feel beat up by the world (DS and DIL that are still breaking my heart), I'd climb out and be encircled by your hug of understanding! Then all would be better with my world! (Yeah, I'm not thinking realistically , but it's nice to dream!) Thanks to Luise and to all of you for the blessings you are to me! Gram

Pooh

"The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They can be seen in the church basement Saturday."
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Those church ladies are a wild bunch

forever spring

Love it, keep up the good work. Laughter it THE GIFT FROM HEAVEN! Keep us smiling - thanks for the unintended 'jokes', they'll come in useful one day. :) :) :)

LaurieS

Quote from: Gram on January 17, 2011, 09:12:55 PM
I am always amazed at how uplifted and understood I feel in WWU. I am also in awe (really) of Luise. You are so insightful, witty, compassionate, and wise....need I say more? Sometimes I'd like to crawl in your back pocket, and when I feel beat up by the world (DS and DIL that are still breaking my heart), I'd climb out and be encircled by your hug of understanding! Then all would be better with my world! (Yeah, I'm not thinking realistically , but it's nice to dream!) Thanks to Luise and to all of you for the blessings you are to me! Gram
awe wasn't that sweet.. you are an insightful old dame Luise

luise.volta

Hummm...let's see....was that a compliment, Laurie? Hummmmm......

LaurieS

who was the busty blond who called herself an old dame