March 28, 2024, 09:52:53 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Happy Holidays to all......... despite the usual nonsense

Started by Keys Girl, December 12, 2010, 12:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keys Girl

I realize that the Christmas/Holiday season is often a time when hostilities and struggles intensify in families.  Despite that, I hope that everyone can have some measure of happiness.  The words of Elizabeth Edwards "The only thing we have control of is how you spend the time.......precious time" are certainly an inspiration to me and I'll try to remember that how I spend my time, live my life and include/exclude those I wish who will be in it (or not) is entirely up to me.

While I don't expect to be a part of my son or future DIL's life, I'm still enjoying the season, keeping to my own routine, and giving as generously as I can to those in need.

Ya know what they say "Misery loves company" and I sure ain't up for keeping any company with misery (whether or not there are those who might relish the thought that I could be miserable).

Thank you to everyone on the Board who has contributed their insights and encouragement to me as I move down this path, and I'll keep all the women here in my thoughts and prayers for a happy and healthy 2011 for all.

"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Pen

KG, your insights and encouragement have been spot on and very appreciated. I hope your new year is peaceful, fulfilling and healthy as well.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

What a wonderful e-family we have here!I echo the Happy Holidays Greetings to all! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama