March 28, 2024, 08:23:08 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Honesty Game

Started by Pooh, November 24, 2010, 05:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

I am horrible at the memory game, my husband is even worse.  The world would be a easier place if we all had permanent  "hi my name is" stickers.

Nana

Yes Pooh.  It happens a lot.  But not only do I forget the names.  I sometimes also forget who they are or where did I meet them.  I have worked in many places and have met a lot of people and sometimes I just have to ask.....sorry.....from where do I know you?  Its embarrassing.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

LaurieS

Oh worse then that I had this long conversation with a woman that I 'thought' I knew, just to find out that she wasn't who I had believed she was.  Unfortunately my new friend  ;D worked at the local grocery store so I had to run into her over and over and over again.  Each time she probably thought, oh gosh here comes that crazy lady again.

Pooh

You are just so darn friendly Laurie.  I just did this Saturday.  Ran into a man that I coached ball with for years! (15 years ago).  I knew who he was, where I knew him from and everything, but dang if I could remember his name.  I finally just said, "Oh Sorry, this is my husband."  I figured he would either introduce himself or because I didn't give him my Hubby's name, would just say, "Nice to meet you." 

Then I turned quickly to look at a rack of merchandise......
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell