March 28, 2024, 06:32:05 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Let's Share~~"Holiday Recipes" ~ YUM...

Started by Faithlooksup, December 07, 2010, 09:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faithlooksup

Ok Ladies lets share some fun and simple Holiday Recipes~~short and sweet and lets consider cost as well....

****Lavender Delight*****

1.  sml pkg of raspberry, or cherry jello
1.  8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1.  lrg can of Pears
1.  cup of coolwhip

Spray jello mold with pam and set aside...

prepare jello omitting cup of cold water stir until dissolved and set aside.
Drain the pears really well--add one cup of pear juice to jello above.

Beat the cream cheese and drained pears together until smooth.
add in cup of coolwhip and beat again.
add in the jello which you set aside and blend all together.

Pour into jello mold and refrigerate--overnight.
No one has ever said No to this jello mold~~ENJOY!!! :) :D

Louey0727

Dear Faith:
This is one of the recipes I have been searching for many years.  I did not know what is was called and my friends had similar ones, but this one is the best I ever had at a friends many years ago.  Thank thank you.
My favorite cookie - - Is Melt in your mouth Shortbread.  They are true to the name and people just gollip them up.
If you go to google and type in "Melt in your Mouth Shortbread" you will find the recipe.
Another recipe I lost and cannot remember who was the baker "Rice Krispie squares with two other cereals"  I believe, not sure, if it was one of Martha Stewart's recipe.  If anyone knows the name, would please write back.
Thanks again, Helen

Faithlooksup

Hi Helen,  I am so glad that I posted that jello mold then---would you believe-this recipe is from the 80's????  My MIL made this for a luncheon spread and with a blink of an eye it was gone... It is simple, easy and tasty!!!    I will definiately have to look into the "shortbread one"  for it would be nice to post that one as well....

Perhaps for the Martha Stewart one go on line to her blog and check out her Rice Krispie recipes it sounds goooooooood...

Here's to great recipes......HUGS, Faith :)

Pen

My dear sweet MIL (seriously, I loved her very much) made something similar. I wasn't much of a Jell-o maker and my kids were amazed by the bright, jiggly, jewel-like Jell-o creation their GM made. Brings back memories, thanks so much for posting (PS, I'm still not much of Jell-o maker, LOL.)

These nuts are so easy: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000000633348

We do them every year and everyone loves them. I double the recipe for each batch but use two pans to spread them on so they don't clump.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Faithlooksup

Pen, That nut recipe sounds good I am going to try it for I do have many "nuts" whom would love them--including me...  Thanks for sharing.   Faith :) :D

Faithlooksup

Scoop

So Julia, what rock have you been living under? ... country do you live in?  Cool Whip is a whipped cream alternative, it's actually an edible oil product.  It's smooth and sweet, but really disgusting if you think about what it's made of and the fact that it doesn't go bad.

Faithlooksup

Julia, any kind of whip cream will work wonders~~~just as long as it is not shaving cream...LOL ;)

Faithlooksup

Helen, I went on line and pulled up the cookie Recipe you recommended~~~~

*********Melt-In-Your Mouth Shortbread Cookies**********
1 cup butter softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees~~

Whip butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.  Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cornstarch and flour.  Beat on low for one minute, then on high for 3-4 minutes.  Decorate with sprinkles etc..
Drop cookies by spoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 12-15 minutes .  Watch that the edges don't brown to much...Cool on wire rack ..

Enjoy~~~ :) :D

Louey0727

Dear Faith:
Thanks for looking up the recipe on line; re: Melt in your Mouth Shortbread Cookies.
I also, went online and found it, but thanks so much.
I wish everyone would try this recipe just once, and they will add to their Christmas Cookie List.
My grandson eats them so fast, I hide some, so when he is scrounging around looking for more, I put some on a plate when he is not looking and put them on the table.  A big smile comes over his face - - and it's worth every minute of baking.
I make 4 times the batch, that's how popular they are.
Keep on baking and let's keep this subject open, I really like new recipes!
Helen

LaurieS

Quote from: Faithlooksup on December 08, 2010, 03:17:48 PM

1 cup butter softened
1/4 cup cornstarch

Whip butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.  Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cornstarch and flour.  Beat on low for one minute, then on high for 3-4 minutes.  Decorate with sprinkles etc..

Bake for 12-15 minutes .  Watch that the edges don't brown to much...Cool on wire rack ..

They sound low cal enough.. I'll give them a try  ;)  We always HAVE to bake these awful bland white cookies then put enough frosting on them to make them sweet.  Not my FOO tradition but now my kids would die if I didn't make them.

My parents were never big on Christmas baking, that I can remember.  But my mom always had Farm Stores eggnog in the house, that was the best of the best.

LaurieS

Has anyone made mini quiche using the fillo cups?  Or ... do you know of any really yummy desert fillings for the mini fillo cups?

Faithlooksup

Hi Laurie,  I went on line with "Recipes for mini fillo cups" and a lot came up and one which really sounded good was the "Herb Cheese Mini Quiche" from Better Homes and Gardens recipe club.  Hope this helps... Hugs, Faith..... :) :D

LaurieS

Yummm that does sound good.. I'll be sure to look it up... I searched and didn't come up with much but left out the one important word "recipe"  I just kept typing in mini fillo cup, mini fillo fillings etc ... I need to rememeber K.I.S.S. 

LaurieS

Quote from: Faithlooksup on December 08, 2010, 03:17:48 PM

1 cup butter softened
1/4 cup cornstarch

Do these freeze well?