March 28, 2024, 02:23:21 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

your most embarrasing moment!!!

Started by cadagi101, December 03, 2010, 03:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadagi101

Youre amonst friends here ....what is your most embarrasing moment??????????

LaurieS

I've had so many embarrassing moments I'd have a hard time figuring out which one make the top of the list.

Faithlooksup

OK~~~during the summer while shopping at a local nursery (plants and herbs) a woman was looking at the same plant that I was, so we began talking, we had such a fun conversation going on about our green thumbs etc... we were laughing...all of the sudden I asked her "When is your Baby due?"  And she looked at me and said "I am not pregnant." :(  Needless to say our conversation came to a halt so did the laughter and I felt horrible...I will never ask that question again...   Faith :-\

Faithlooksup

And, when someone comes up to you out of the blue and strikes up a conversation with you, as if they have known you for years--they have remembered your name--but you dont remember their's.  Meantime they are talking away, you stand their with this big smile on your face listening yet in your mind trying to remember who they are.......   :-[  And then finially when you have to ask them their name---that is when you turn 10 shades of red :-\

Faithlooksup

Ahhhh and then this one.....When my YS was 2 he loved trucks, everywhere he, we went he has his favorite truck.....Except he had trouble pronouncing his tr's so they came out as F's...So he would show everyone is "uck" but add an F infront of that.  And people would look at me... :-\  No matter how I would try to teach him his tr's it still came out as F's.  He finially did learn tho...but that was "always" embarrasing.....Out of the mouth of babes...

Pen

Faith, that happens to me a lot. It's tricky trying to ask questions that will help without giving it away that I don't have a clue who they are or how I know them.

Once my DDD and I were in the market and saw a woman we both thought we knew but couldn't quite place. Of course DDD had to run up and give her a big hug. We had a long conversation, after which DDD admitted she didn't know the woman at all. I cringed my way through the checkout line and got out of the market quickly. I wonder how the mystery woman tells the story?
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

jill

Don't know if this is my most embarassing, but kind of funny.   When my gd was very tiny and being potty trained, we were in  a store, her mom was busy, so I said I would take her to the bathroom.  She came running out shouting"Mommy I went to the bathroom, and so did Grandma"!!! Of course, the place was crowded by then.

Faithlooksup

Cute...Jill, I liked that one for I can actually hear her "so proudly" shouting her delight... :)