March 28, 2024, 08:09:05 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Is This The Kind Of Thing MILS Do?

Started by catchingup, November 29, 2010, 01:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

G/nite...CU. Sending  cool breezes...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

I see it too Catchingup.  As soon as you click on the subforum "Adult Sons and/or Adult Daughters" the title "Is This The Kind Of Things MILS DO?" is stickied at the top of the forum and highlighted in pink. 

It's been like that for a few days.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

pam1

Quote from: Laurie on February 15, 2011, 02:35:30 PM
Quote from: pam1 on February 15, 2011, 02:33:41 PM
Quote from: Laurie on February 15, 2011, 02:25:23 PM
Quote from: Tara on February 15, 2011, 01:47:38 PM
thats it Laurie!  The term Mother In Law does involve stigma.  why did it take me so long to realize that?

So does the term grandmother in some eyes.. suddenly you age by 20 years and sprout gray hair... well I beat them to the punch.. I already have gray hair

I always pictured you with blonde hair lol and as I was thinking that, I realized that I have ideas of what most regular posters look like.  How funny
I like to think of it as God given blonde highlights... no I'm brunette.. was brunette

Yeah, I had you pegged as a honey blonde, brown eyes and tan lol

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on February 15, 2011, 03:35:11 PM
Quote from: Laurie on February 15, 2011, 02:35:30 PM
Quote from: pam1 on February 15, 2011, 02:33:41 PM
Quote from: Laurie on February 15, 2011, 02:25:23 PM
Quote from: Tara on February 15, 2011, 01:47:38 PM
thats it Laurie!  The term Mother In Law does involve stigma.  why did it take me so long to realize that?

So does the term grandmother in some eyes.. suddenly you age by 20 years and sprout gray hair... well I beat them to the punch.. I already have gray hair

I always pictured you with blonde hair lol and as I was thinking that, I realized that I have ideas of what most regular posters look like.  How funny
I like to think of it as God given blonde highlights... no I'm brunette.. was brunette

Yeah, I had you pegged as a honey blonde, brown eyes and tan lol
Let's try true brunette, hazel eyes and no more tan since I was diagnosed  with skin cancer...   But years ago I was a honey blond with a great tan... we didn't have colored contacts back then

pam1

Hmmm...ok, well I think Pooh looks like a young Sophia Loren.  Am I anywhere near close on that one, Pooh?

Pooh

Hmmmm....I had to go look.  I don't think so.  The closest I have had anyone tell me I look like someone famous, is a couple of people say I look like Helen Hunt.  Shoulder length, highlighted dirty blonde hair, blue eyes.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

I am tall, naturally blond, blue eyed, slim and young.

pam1

LOL!

This is funny, well obviously I have no psychic powers.

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on February 15, 2011, 03:48:27 PM
Hmmmm....I had to go look.  I don't think so.  The closest I have had anyone tell me I look like someone famous, is a couple of people say I look like Helen Hunt.  Shoulder length, highlighted dirty blonde hair, blue eyes.
did you say shoulder length, highonlife, dirty minded blonde with eyes?

luise.volta

luise.volta

And I got the pink out of the heading.  8)

LaurieS

Quote from: luise.volta on February 15, 2011, 04:02:30 PM
And I got the pink out of the heading.  8)

Well it's about time you did something useful around here today Luise :)    Did you ever ask Kirk about the 10 pm per hour limitation?

luise.volta

Yes, did I forget to report back? He said it was default.

LaurieS

luise.volta

Yes, but he suggested it be left at that which is a PM every six minutes to encourage people to use the Forum most of the time. He asked if I got a lot of complaints and I said I hadn't.