April 17, 2024, 07:45:19 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Is This The Kind Of Thing MILS Do?

Started by catchingup, November 29, 2010, 01:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Hee hee...I was talking about all the GREAT DILs here and the GREAT MILs here would have fun together....but I guess the other would work too!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

catchingup

Quote from: luise.volta on February 15, 2011, 12:59:36 PM
To me that is more sad than funny. I don't know why...maybe too graphic. Or maybe because it's out there and my raft was a kind of in-house fantasy? Probably just me.
Sorry if I offended Luise.
Some MIL's are great and some DILs are great
My Mil was great. A Great big pain!!! Thorn in the flesh.
Enough now.
:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on February 15, 2011, 02:14:16 PM
Hee hee...I was talking about all the GREAT DILs here and the GREAT MILs here would have fun together....but I guess the other would work too!
You want the great dil's and great mil's to float around in shark infested water and you call this fun.. wow can we at least take one of those little umbrella drinks with us

LaurieS

Quote from: Tara on February 15, 2011, 01:47:38 PM
thats it Laurie!  The term Mother In Law does involve stigma.  why did it take me so long to realize that?

So does the term grandmother in some eyes.. suddenly you age by 20 years and sprout gray hair... well I beat them to the punch.. I already have gray hair

Pooh

Quote from: Laurie on February 15, 2011, 02:24:06 PM
Quote from: Pooh on February 15, 2011, 02:14:16 PM
You want the great dil's and great mil's to float around in shark infested water and you call this fun.. wow can we at least take one of those little umbrella drinks with us

No no no....oh geesh.  I wanted the GREAT DILs and GREAT MILs to pair off and......oh I give up!  LOVE YOU GUYS!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

catchingup

Why is this thread highlighted in pink? Just curious. ???

pam1

Quote from: Laurie on February 15, 2011, 02:25:23 PM
thats it Laurie!  The term Mother In Law does involve stigma.  why did it take me so long to realize that?

So does the term grandmother in some eyes.. suddenly you age by 20 years and sprout gray hair... well I beat them to the punch.. I already have gray hair

I always pictured you with blonde hair lol and as I was thinking that, I realized that I have ideas of what most regular posters look like.  How funny
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

hmmm did you  start the party with the little umbrella drinks before us

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on February 15, 2011, 02:33:41 PM
Quote from: Laurie on February 15, 2011, 02:25:23 PM

I always pictured you with blonde hair lol and as I was thinking that, I realized that I have ideas of what most regular posters look like.  How funny
I like to think of it as God given blonde highlights... no I'm brunette.. was brunette

catchingup

lancaster lady

Quote from: Laurie on February 15, 2011, 11:45:24 AM
Quote from: lancaster lady on February 15, 2011, 09:22:50 AM

He will not go against his partner no matter how much he thinks of his FOO.
The only way is through the mom, like it or not ,takes courage .

I see what you are saying LL, but doesn't the real courage come to light when he knows that he has an equal partnership in his relationship and he can think about and react to the whole picture.  This 'new' parenting style, I don't understand how they could be into this style for almost a year and your son never mentioned it to you, was he aware of this style or is he protecting his gf at this point?   This should not be about him saying, I stand by my dw/gf and forget all the values that I strongly believed in my entire life. I think it takes a stronger personality to not to totally lose yourself in someone else's thought process.

You are absolutely right Laurie ,and if I had waited for my DS to step up and say something my GD would be 21 before I saw her .
I also mentioned before that she has given him a witches brew and cast a spell on him .
He is a total wuss !
My siblings are losing patience with him daily over wedding plans ,we are all still in the dark .
Whether he is waiting for her to fire the starting gun I don't know .
He is terrified to upset her !!! This is a grown man of 32 !! So back to the spell .
I could get involved and start the ball rolling ,but do I want all that conflict again ?
In order to see my GD I chose to interact with my F/DIL .
I feel like giving him a good shake ,but he seems so removed now ,not my little boy any more ,which of course he isn't .
why they chose to hold the parenting thing back I've no idea , maybe they thought it was nothing to do with me . I am enjoying the peace for the moment and enjoying seeing my GD .
It's on a need to know basis ,maybe I don't need to know .

catchingup

It is highlighted in pink on the home page.
Goodness it is 12.30PM in South Africa I must go to bed.
It was very hot today--hope it does not keep me awake

LaurieS

Quote from: lancaster lady on February 15, 2011, 02:37:57 PM
Quote from: Laurie on February 15, 2011, 11:45:24 AM
Quote from: lancaster lady on February 15, 2011, 09:22:50 AM

He will not go against his partner no matter how much he thinks of his FOO.
The only way is through the mom, like it or not ,takes courage .

I see what you are saying LL, but doesn't the real courage come to light when he knows that he has an equal partnership in his relationship and he can think about and react to the whole picture.  This 'new' parenting style, I don't understand how they could be into this style for almost a year and your son never mentioned it to you, was he aware of this style or is he protecting his gf at this point?   This should not be about him saying, I stand by my dw/gf and forget all the values that I strongly believed in my entire life. I think it takes a stronger personality to not to totally lose yourself in someone else's thought process.

You are absolutely right Laurie ,and if I had waited for my DS to step up and say something my GD would be 21 before I saw her .
I also mentioned before that she has given him a witches brew and cast a spell on him .
He is a total wuss !
My siblings are losing patience with him daily over wedding plans ,we are all still in the dark .
Whether he is waiting for her to fire the starting gun I don't know .
He is terrified to upset her !!! This is a grown man of 32 !! So back to the spell .
I could get involved and start the ball rolling ,but do I want all that conflict again ?
In order to see my GD I chose to interact with my F/DIL .
I feel like giving him a good shake ,but he seems so removed now ,not my little boy any more ,which of course he isn't .
why they chose to hold the parenting thing back I've no idea , maybe they thought it was nothing to do with me . I am enjoying the peace for the moment and enjoying seeing my GD .
It's on a need to know basis ,maybe I don't need to know .

kinda sad huh LL, but I'm glad that you are seeing your grandchild

LaurieS

Quote from: catchingup on February 15, 2011, 02:40:57 PM

It is highlighted in pink on the home page.
Goodness it is 12.30PM in South Africa I must go to bed.
It was very hot today--hope it does not keep me awake
I'm not seeing that..  maybe it's a built in temperature gage.. since you're the only one in South Africa we wouldn't see it.... it might be gone by tomorrow.. let us know